Enterprise , OKLAHOMA

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Enterprise Camping Reviews
Good Port in a Storm

During the extreme winter weather in Oklahoma in February 2021, I ducked into the KOA Lake Eufaula to wait out the storm. While the office was closed, Lindsay was available by phone to answer all my questions and James, a resident caretaker was also on hand.  The campground offers all expected amenities, wifi, power, clean and warm bathrooms with shower, a dishwashing station and playground and public outdoor sitting area. They also provide propane fills. Bless James for pumping the propane for me in that extreme cold.

Due to the storm, the camp store was closed and water hookup was not available.  The area was not plowed but I was loaned a shovel to clear the area around my campervan and the path to the bathroom.

I get the sense this is a popular place in good weather located near a large recreational lake. Unfortunately, I was hunkered down and in a bit of a panic about the weather, it was -3 degrees during my 24-hour stay, so I did not get out to see it or enjoy what the area has to offer. Overall my impression of the place was a good one.  Note, it is located directly behind I-40, trucks can be seen and heard from the camping area.

Campgrounds Vary

We booked a Deep Ford campsite online but were disappointed when we arrived. The sites were really close together with almost no privacy. There were a lot of people parked in the campground lot for fishing during the day, so it felt pretty cramped. Luckily, you can change your reservation online. We drove around to all of the different tent sections and found a much better option at Eagles Nest. It was wooded and the sites were more spread out. It had a stone fire ring, a table, a grill, and a lantern pole. There are no bathrooms nearby, but there are several throughout the park that are just a quick drive away if you really need them.

If you're looking for less crowded spots, it seemed like Eagles Nest and Lake Wayne Wallace were the best options.

Great outting

Nice amenities. Clean bathroom. Well maintained trails. I look forward to coming back to rock climb. Great for a weekend away or a family day trip. In warmer weather we definitely would have went kayaking. The most exciting thing for us was to explore with minimal research of the area. It felt like a treasure hunt!

To my understanding you do need to park to pay.

One night stay

We stayed here for just one night in Shady Grove area on the top of the hill. Sites were tight and we were clearly placed in a bigger pull through site that was split in two sites. We arrived later in the evening and people in other half of site had already taken over forcing us the back into site pad up a steep incline in the dark under a tree. We made it, but not easy. For distanced dispersed camping, look elsewhere.

Clean and deserted in winter

I arrived after dark on December 27th. I had made a reservation (and paid the $15) through their website. When I got to the park, I followed signs for Paradise Cove and reached the camping area. I never found my exact campsite (#27) but it was completely empty so I took a different one and left a note in my windshield. The phone number on the confirm email forwards after hours to the lodge, and the person was very nice when I called but couldn’t help me.

It was a bit confusing once I got there and was trying to find my site, I went online again and found another website that said paradise cove camping was closed, but the guy on the phone said the online reservations are kept up to date.

Paradise cove is right by the bridge over the lake and I could hear and see traffic. Each site is numbered on the picnic table (hard to see, especially in the dark) and the bathrooms were closed. I never found the water taps.

In the morning, I was right on the lake, with lots of birds! It was beautiful despite the traffic. I would stay again but pick a different campground in the park.

Perfect for all

First time in the Ouachita national forest and we found a most excellent spot next to Lillard Creek off of 6010 Deadmans trail Rd. Would recommend a 4wd vehicle. There’s a short rock trail to go up to reach the campsite, also too narrow for my Tundra. Enough space for a family or if your going on a solo camp. Done hanging out at camp? There’s an awesome trail a little north of camp called Boardstand trail, take it east and you you can follow it to 8554 Red Bank, follow it south to Ouachita Trail, then follow it west until you reach Talimena Scenic drive, then you can walk along side the road to the Scenic view of where you were just hiking and bask in its glory! Next you’ll run up on 6010 deadman’s gap trail road again. Take it back down to your camp! Your back! It’s a good 6 mile hike that will get your heart going. Steep hills, beautiful waterways, gorgeous mountains! Nothing better! The creek water runs all the time so no need for your forest noise making machine. All the sounds you’ll need are by the fire and the Lillard Creek. It was a blast! Get out there and breath the fresh air! Peace and Love, Seth Armes

Corona Free Camping

So sick of just sitting at home. Wait a minute …. we have a portable home. We have probably camped around 8 times since March. I we can do distance or virtual learning from any place that we can use the hot spot on our phones. Love the camping hate the “Rona”. Still haven’t caught any fish. Guess we’ll try again next year since we have winterized. At least for now….we shall see.

Seminole park Top Notch.

Seminole campground is the best in Sequoyah State Park. The Camp Host is great and the Sunsets are beautiful.

Fall break

October 7-9 we stayed in Dogwood campground spot number 81. We had a wonderful time and the weather was simply great. Colors were starting to change. Very clean campground and restrooms were very well maintained.

Gorgeous

I would have given this a 5 plus star review, however, when we booked it they failed to tell us the bathrooms and showers had been locked for the season! Would have been good information to know considering we were in a pop up. Lots of peeing in the woods and driving to town to 💩. All that aside, gorgeous view! Loved being able to walk to the rocky beach and fish! Quiet and beautiful. We had a great time!