Water Unknown
About Twin Rivers Campground
No Sanitary Dump
Twin Rivers Campground is located in North Carolina
3 Reviews of Twin Rivers Campground
Remote, riverfront, primitive, FIREFLIES!

Twin rivers campground is located in Crumpler NC on the river.  It is a primitive campground with both RV and tent sites.  The tent sites are found by following a dirt road around the base of the mountain, at river level, which left us a little wary that the road could wash out.  We followed the path a bit to a private site down a ways, just past a porta potty.  There is a bathhouse up in the RV section of this campground, but we were camping in primitive tent land.

The site we were on was fantastic!  It was steps from the river, we had a flat, grassy spot with shrubs creating some privacy between us and our neighbor.  Our next neighbor was as far down as we could see!

The campfire was perfect, our site was superb and we had a great night sleep!

(PLEASE NOTE!  THE CAMPGROUND HAS SINCE CHANGED OWNERSHIP AND SITES ARE NOW MUCH MUCH CLOSER TOGETHER)

Gorgeous riverside camping

I attended the Twin Rivers Chopper Campout this past September, and though it was an event that certainly changed the vibe—filled with motorcycles, music, a food truck, and a decent sized crowd of fantastic people—I could tell that this campground would be an absolutely lovely spot if you’re looking for a more unique, more quiet, car-camping experience. My friend and I set up our tent literal feet from the river that runs parallel to the campground, and I could’ve honestly stayed there for a week if I’d been able to! It seems a little bit of a sketchy drive into the primitive sites, but no one had any problems as far as I know—we certainly didn’t! There’s space for RV camping (I do believe) closer to the entrance of the campground, I saw plenty of people taking a float down-river, and the whole area surrounding the campground is filled with beautiful views of the blue ridge mountains just a short drive away. I’ll definitely be going back.

Pristine space with beautiful river views

Theres something for everyone!