The best TENT SITES camping near
Reidsville , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Reidsville Camping Reviews
Great Adventure in SW Virginia

This weekend was a great adventure in SW Virginia. We stayed in a Yurt. It has no electricity or water but the bath house was close. The yurt has a double bed, a twin trundle, a couch and some chairs, and a table and chairs. It also has a large wrap around deck with rocking chairs. A picnic table, lamp post, and fire ring are also provided at the site. We hunted and found fairy stones which made the trip that much more fun. It was just after covid 19 started and lessening restrictions began so the beach was closed and there were few people at the campground but we had a great time riding bikes and hiking. We even went to the Creeper Trail and rode our bikes from White Top to Damascus.

Great site!

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Rocky Knob campground (loop C) for two nights and it was great! On the first night she saw an elk and that night we heard a bear walking around our tent! If being around large wildlife scares you then this may not be a good site for you. That being said, the bear was minding its own business and same with the elk. The bathrooms in the bathhouse do not have lights or soap so bring a lantern at night and maybe a small bottle of soap. This campground is so great and the rangers are so friendly and welcoming! Firewood is available ($7 for one bundle-I recommend getting two)

Nice, small campground on the Dan River

Nice level sites, some open, some wooded, but most are fairly close. Several full-time residents, but mostly for campers. We were in site 23, which was wooded, so we had no satellite coverage. It was 30A/FHU. OTA TV is pretty decent with an omni antenna. Campground WiFi reached 0.85 MB/s, but data rates seemed to vary greatly, and often dropped to zero. AT&T had 2 bars and 3.5 MB/s w/o a booster, 4 bars and 4.9 MB/s with it. There is a nice 1 mile loop trail around the property. Campground was about 2/3 full. They also put up Halloween decorations around the whole campground, complete with a grave yard by the bath house, a really nice touch.

In the shadow of the Great Guide.

Overall this is on the keeper list. I found this campsite on line looking for places to stay while hiking sections of the MST. Took a shot and was very pleased with the result.

The first thing to note is that there are new, larger, spaces in the works closer to the entrance with (what looks to me like) sewer hookups. It is good to know that the owners are making improvements and it might be different when you get here.

I stayed in the wooded lots and these are definitely for tents or small trailers. The spots are nice, if not perfectly level and a little close together. Of course that is really only a problem if you have noisy neighbors, which I didn't. The campground looked full over the weekend but wasn't overly noisy. I attribute that also to the beautiful large open fields where all the all the children ran free.

The bath house was very similar to the standard state park setup. It is a cinder block building with a few shower stalls, toilet stalls and sinks with mirrors. Not fancy but definitely clean and functional.

I would definitely come back again and I recommend this camp ground.

Great place!!

Great spot for tent camping! Loved the hillside spots bc of all the trees and the multiple levels that the spots are on. They are all built out and flat. Bathrooms are clean and campground was quiet. I had issues finding out if pets were allowed… they are! My dog and I had an awesome time and we will be back for sure.

New, Basic, but Nice

We only stayed for 1 night as we were passing through, but we plan to return one day.

Positives are it’s a newer campground, nice and shaded, full hookups (w,e,s), lots were wide, Easy to get in and out of, plenty to do within the park (hiking, fishing, kayak/canoe, etc), has a nice dog park, hosts were very welcoming and kind, VERY clean.

Negatives are unlevel lots (we had to lower ours by over 4” and still weren’t level, but couldn’t adjust anymore), sites aren’t exactly private - but there was a bit of space between sites.

Good for Tent Camping

Spent two nights at Site 67. Nice large site with no other sites behind it and nice distance to neighbors on either side. Camp ground host and park rangers very welcoming and helpful. Wood $5 a bundle from camp host. Self check-in board at camp host site. Completely full Saturday night in September, but lots of empty sites on Sunday night.

Great getaway

Mostly small small sites but some larger sites. All sites have water and electricity. There is a single dump station near the entrance. The road leading to the camping area is single lane so if you meet another camper going the other way it could get a little dicey.

The COE did camping right

Love this campground. Located on the shore of Philpott Resevoir in Bassett, VA. The campground is broken up into three separate loops: a, b and c. Loop a has 19 sites with water and electric hookup. This loop is a little distance from the lake. It has a restroom but no shower house. There is a shower house located closer to loop b. Loop b has 10 non-electric sites. Loop c is located on a peninsula and offers 34 sites, many of which are lake front sites. There is a nice swimming area, boat ramp and dock in the loop. There is also a second shower house located here. Facilities are very nice and kept clean. The sites in this campground are laid out very well.

Great views... Great hospitality

Love this campground and the owner is very friendly. The online booking is still being tweaked a bit. Beautiful views of Pilot Knob. Great hospitality.