About Murphy/Peace Valley KOA
KoA
Murphy/Peace Valley KOA is located in North Carolina
4 Reviews of Murphy/Peace Valley KOA
Wonderfully forested and friendly campground

I stayed at this campground in 2013 (3 days) and I have scheduled to go there again for a week in May 2019.This is a KOA and even though I normally am not a fan of KOAs this place is very different. It is small and heavily treed so the campground does NOT look like a parking lot. There seemed to be amble space between sites. There is an awesome gold-bearing creek alongside the camp which is too cool. The place is pet friendly, the owner is awesome, the price is reasonable. There is an acre field for dogs to be off leash and run, you can tube in the creek, they have nice cabins. The bathhouse was older when I was there but from what I understand it has been remodeled in recent years….but I don't go camping to explore the bathrooms so I don't really care about them. This is a great family site and it is fairly quiet, so if you are like me and you camp to GET AWAY from noise and drama, then this is the place!!

BEAUTIFUL!

WE LOVED THIS CAMPGROUND. ONLY THING WRONG WITH IT IS IT IS FAR FOR US TO DRIVE FOR A WEEKEND. PROBABLY OUR FAVORITE! THE OWNER WAS SO NICE AND KEEPS IT VERY CLEAN.

GREAT FAMILY VACATION

We just spent 10 days at Peace Valley KOA, and we had a great time!! Family met us there and we had 2 campers and 1 cabin. Everything was very clean! So much to do in the area… Ridge Runners Ziplining, NOC, Rodeo, Tri-county racetrack, and tubing in the river right by the campground!

Lovely Little Park

We had a very peaceful trip to this KOA. First of all, this was my first time visiting a KOA. I have always been a state park person, but since we bought a camper we are branching out. The manager was very helpful, he even sent me pictures of the sites when I had questions. Upon arrival, we loved how cute and quaint it was. It is a small park, with all sites very close together. If you're looking for privacy, or are more of a party camper, I would not suggest this place. At one point I was laying in our bed and my husband opened the camper door and a was staring directly in to the eyes of our neighbor, sitting inside their camper at their table. Awkward… I digress! We loved this place. Our site was right on the Valley River. It was so serene just sitting there watching the water flow by. I would say that I was a little concerned about my little one tumbling off the small drop off, but she was smart enough to realize it was not safe, and stayed on the camper pad. Speaking of the little one, she had a great time! There was a little play ground, swings, cornhole, some balls for her to throw, a pool (small but since it was not busy we really enjoyed it), a game room, and a store with essentials. Oh, and for $3 you could rent a tube and float down the lazy river. Be warned though that getting in to and out of the river is not super easy and you will get dirty. I loved it though! Another plus to this park was the location to "city life". We made 2 trips to Walmart, and also picked up breakfast one day. There are plenty of food choices if you need a break from grilling. The location, just two hours from our North Atlanta home, was great for a quick getaway. Everyone was nice, including all of our neighbors. A great weekend adventure!