About Lake Durant - DEC
Lake Durant - DEC is located in New York
8 Reviews of Lake Durant - DEC
Fantastic camping

Great campground with a top notch staff and great facilities. My wife and I just spent 7 days here and we can't wait to return. The campground is small, clean and quiet. The lake is beautiful. There are 2 trail heads located in the campground that offer more trails as you go. Neither was very difficult and the end result was worth the hike. The shower facilities were brand new and always clean as were the bathrooms throughout the entire campground. The garbage and recycling facility is quite serious and is better than my town offers.

Great June experience

Amazing sites! Right on the lake. Separated sites. Close by bathrooms. Best camp shower I have ever been to! Wished the beach would have been open

Great June experience

Great Camping Ground

60 great campsite spots for a very affordable price. Next to a beautiful lake wheee they have kayaks and canoes available for rent. It’s about 3 miles down the road from Blue Mountain. Plenty of restrooms and showers. Stephen’s Pond trail located in the campground and plenty of other trails in the area.

Small and quiet

Smaller campground but has great facilities, new bathhouse with dishwashing station and a beach. We enjoyed the quiet and the loons!

Wonderful lake sites

We had a site on the lake that allowed us to park our rental kayaks right at our site (24 hour rental allowed for early morning cruises). The lake is a great size to explore with children. The showers were wonderful and very clean. We don’t recommend going there on the weekend as the clientele was loud, playing bags, drinking heavily and playing music right until we asked them to stop during quiet hours.

Loved it

Loved our visit to Durant Lake. The view from our campsite was beautiful and the lot size was great!

Camping in the Adirondacks

I took a solo trip through upstate New York a couple years back and spent a lot of time in the Adirondacks. I stopped at Lake Durant camp ground for a night and had a great experience. I was here in early September and the trees were already showing signs of color change. The early morning was pretty chilly, but watching the fog lift from the lake was worth the chill. The site I had was pretty secluded and the park was kept in great shape. I highly recommend this site for anyone who is touring through the Adirondacks.