About Lake Eaton - DEC
Lake Eaton - DEC is located in New York
9 Reviews of Lake Eaton - DEC
I have not been there in 25 years and the state is not keeping it up!

I have not been there in 25 years and the state is not keeping it up!

Family friendly sites were all really nice.

Clean campground and they are very strict about putting coolers and food away

Lake Eaton in the Adirondacks of NY

Just one mile out of Beautiful Lake Eaton State park is the most quaint and rustic Adirondack village of Long Lake. It will suit all of your camping needs. This family friendly park and scenery was a beautiful background to watch my grandkids play in the water for hours while we hung out with the ducks on the beach. There was a really fun ranger activity they earned badges from. We all left very happy campers but sad to leave the mountains. Definitely hope to return every year.

Beautiful campground on a lake

This campground is right on a lake where the sunrises are spectacular! Canoe and kayak rentals are available. The water is great for swimming & the beach is nice too. This campground is in a great location - so close to Long Lake and easy drives to great hikes. The people are always friendly - have found lots of annual campers at this campground and I am one of them for the past 10+ years.

Rustic, Adirondack lakeside camping. Cleanest lake!

This is a great campground for people who like a more rustic setting. There are no power or water hook ups, although people may run generators at specified times. The best feature of this campground is the incredibly clean and clear Adirondack lake it sits beside. Lake Eaton is arguably the cleanest lake in the Adirondacks. Super sandy bottom that stays shallow for a ways out. There are lots of sites nestled within the woods, and many lakeside sites available. The showers could definitely stand some improvements. There have been quite a few water-related issues during our visit (cold showers, burst pipes, etc). Staying at this campground is our family's favorite summer tradition.

Our Favorite Place!

This is our favorite place to camp. We go at least once each summer and usually for a week long camp. We love the staff and the lake. The town is great! Plenty to see and do nearby. Quick trip to Tupper Lake to go to the Wild Center and also quick drive to visit Buttermilk Falls. Sea planes you can take a flyover of Long Lake, numerous hiking spots.

Family Camping

I decided to go on an impromptu camp trip and the only one who wanted to go was my 9 year old. This campground was just outside the town of Long Lake, which offers restaurants, shopping and other amenities. Also not far (Blue Mountain Lake) is a ADK Experience museum which is a great meseum.

The campground itself was well maintained. The staff was friendly and helpful. Many sites to choose from and while some up front are right on top of each other, many were separate enough you had a great deal of privacy. Overall the campground was very pleasant. I’ve been to campgrounds where the culture is all party, loud and obnoxious, but not here. Everyone was considerate of others.

The big question, would I camp here with my family again? My daughter was already begging me as we were pulling out to the road to head home.

Worth a second trip

WE havnt been able to score our sweet spot again. This time we camped along the back edge, near RT 30. There had been some bear sightings recently so i was excited. Shady spot uphill from the car. no road noise really given the proximity.

An all time favorite

Site # 103 is a secret oasis of magic. The lake itself in shallow and warm, with stunning views of Owls Head Mountain.