Camping in Stillwater

88 Reviews of 24 Stillwater, New York Campgrounds

S
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

Seasonal only

They're only taking reservations for two weekends around July 4th this year for regular camping, everything else is seasonal.

J
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Good campground

Overall a good campground that I would stay at again. Almost every site had plenty of trees and shade, plenty of shower houses throughout so not a long walk whichever site you choose. The bathrooms were the older style shower house could use some updating. The not so good is alot of the sites…

Pete D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Popular Location

Overall a comfortable One night stay. Sites were tight. Three bath houses available. Depending on where you’re at - it’s a very fast run if u need it quickly.

Staff was very accommodating to our requests and needs. Professional. Employees were friendly and helpful.

Grounds were kept nicely.

R
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2021

Sheridan bay usa is the place to stay

Under new management. Immense clean up and maintenance has gone on throughout the off season. Quiet  peaceful lake erie campground. Great, family oriented season campers made us feel welcome.

• Lake Erie Sunset. Sheridan Bay USA
Pete D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 24, 2021

Very Accomodating

Arrived with no reservation after a long day (5-22-2021). Had our fur baby Zeke, 5yo East GSD with us. Jodi placed us in a very nice spot right next to huge freshly mowed field in the rear of the park. It was perfect! She came by later to check on us and see if we needed anything- we found this…

SitePV3
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 21, 2021

Beautiful Campground

This was our third trip here. One of the best campgrounds in the state, especially in the off season.

SiteCabin 94
K
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2021

Most beautiful and peaceful place to tent camp! Definitely a long drive for us but it was beautiful before we got the snow and even during (what we could see). One thing I didnt like was we have to drive to the hiking trails.

Backpacken P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 8, 2021

Aswome for primitive camping 🏕

Aswome place for primitive camping 🏕 No rubber tramps here no hook ups , or water primitive only And camp outs Plz clean up after yr self ty

Britt B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 1, 2021

Winter Camping at Wolfkiel Shelters

This was our second time to the Wolfkiel Shelters in Oil Creek State Park. Wolfkiel is one of two hike-in camping areas which consists of six(6) Ariondack Shelters and a tent camping area. The road in was snow covered but easily navigated. The Shelter carpark is small and was almost full the day we…

SiteShelter 2
Month of VisitMarch
I
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2020

Nice getaway!

Quite popular in the summer. The sites were pretty spread apart and I didn’t see any other camera from my site.

Kevin E.
Reviewed Oct. 28, 2020

Very nice campground

First time here but found the campground to be quite nice. Sites were decently sized and some backed up to very beautiful evergreen forest. There are several hiking trails that depart right from the campground. One of them takes you right to the state game lands (29 I think?). I’ll have to…

Britt B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2020

Best Hike-In Camp in PA

Wolfkiel is one of two hike-in areas along the Gerard Hiking Trail, in the Oil Creek State Park. Wolfkiel is made up of six(6) Ariondack Shelters and a tent camping area. The Adirondack shelters are perfectly positioned to be private from one another, each looks out over the forest. They are a…

• Inside the shelter
  • Picnic table next to shelter
  • Hiking Trail to the shelters from Oil Creek Trail
SiteShelter 02
Mark M.
Reviewed Oct. 20, 2020

Beautiful fall

I have a 25 foot travel trailer. I found numerous spots on SF-160. It rains a lot so keep your slip-ons near the door. Great hiking/biking. The spot next to the hiking trail has WiFi 70% of the time. I would give this a 5 star if it didn’t rain so much. Howe’s ace hardware is about 10 miles away…

C
Reviewed Oct. 12, 2020

Decent spot

A few dispersed spots on this road a bit overgrown but fine for setting up a tent