About Wayfarers State Park
Wayfarers State Park is located in Montana
6 Reviews of Wayfarers State Park
Great Stay!

Really enjoyed my stay at this campground. The people that were working were super friendly and helpful. They gave me a list of great hikes in the area, and they were definitely right! The hiking was incredible. I love living in Montana and being able to hike some of the best spots ever. Flathead is also an amazing spot, so really any campground in the area is good in my opinion. This campground is known for some of the best sunsets, and that is definitely correct. I have actually stayed at this campground multiple times because the sunset is that great. There is a hike nearby that will lead you to the top of a mountain and the sunset is even better!! Flathead Lake is gorgeous and makes staying here that much more better. You are able to cool off in the lake on hot summer days. This lake is packed in the summer because of the lake and campgrounds. Definitely reserve your spot online or calling because there is no way you will be able to walk up and get a spot in the summer!! The hiking is amazing! The last time I went, the flowers were in bloom and were amazing!! See my pictures attached. That is literally all I took pictures of because they were awesome. Highly recommend this campground!! I will be coming back again and again and again!!

Gorgeous View of Flathead Lake

We stayed overnight at Wayfarers State Park in our campervan and we enjoyed every minute. Our campsite was a 2 min walk from the lake where we enjoyed playing with our dog and watching the sunset. Dogs must be on a leash in the park but can be off leash in the lake. She loved playing fetch in the water with the sticks she found. The bathrooms were very clean and we were able to shower with the quarter showers. In the afternoon we strung up hammocks at our campsite and enjoyed the peaceful atmosphere. A quick drive down the road was The Raven restaurant where we enjoyed a great meal and incredible view. We would definitely stay here again.

Beautiful area..close to town and all amenities

Love this campground. Good for overnights or just day use. Very close to the beautiful town of Bigfork and great amenities, yet it feels tucked away. Right on Flathead lake, can’t beat the views!

Awesome park!

Wayfarers has an awesome campground and day use area. There is a permanent dock and boat ramp, a shower house, three walk-in sites along the water, a great trail loop, and amazing rocks to sit on or jump off of into the lake. They also offer evening programs and guided hikes. I love this park!

Busy

This is an awesome spot with beautiful views but it is extremely rare that it is not packed. There is a boat launch, ample parking, and plenty of cliffs to jump off of and suntan on. Overall a fun place but a little too crowded.

Wonderful location

This campground is a wonderful jumping off point for getting into Glacier National Park, exploring hikes outside the park, checking out Big Fork, and getting out on Flathead Lake. There is a dock and boat ramp as well as electrical hook ups, water, fire pits, and restrooms. During the day there is usually a fair amount of people around the dock and day picnic area but the campground is surrounded by dense vegetation keeping it nice and quiet. There are some small hikes in the park area and great sunset views from the cliffs along the lake.