Polson, MONTANA

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Polson Camping Reviews
Close to Glacier

We ended up at Doris Creek while searching for a campground that was close to Glacier but not in the park (since we didn't make any reservations). It's a decent campground with nice lake access. The sites seem to be catered more towards RVS and campers than tents (we pitched our tent on a patch of gravel) but the ground was level. Pit toilets are available and each campsite has a picnic table.

Very Nice Campround

Very clean facilities, friendly owners, and a nice fire pit.

Great friendly place

Great place .has all the hook ups.and public restrooms and laundry room. Place for tents. Great place to stay

I loved camping at Honey’s place camping spot. So quiet and peaceful….you can hear the coyotes at night. Steve is a great host and Honey dog would visit me in the morning while enjoying my coffee outside watching the sun rise.

Holland Lake Campground

Holland Lake is in a beautiful setting with mountains, creeks and lakes. Nice camping spots for most all size vehicles. No electricity, sewer or water hook ups, There is a dump site and standing toilets.

Clean and well maintained

Our first time to Flathead lake. Spots were booking up quick around the lake. Found this gem, got a spot reserved for Labor Day weekend. The park is very clean and well maintained. They will pick up your trash daily. Very quiet. The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 was because they told us there is excellent WIFI throughout the park but the site we were in (spot #14) was too far away from The repeater. So I had to walk over to the park to send a work email. But do we really need WIFI camping?? You can’t have a fire in your own spot but they have several community fire pits stocked with wood that you can use. Nice park for the kids to play. The restaurant had amazing food. The spot across the highway for the lake was also well maintained. Incredibly clear and gorgeous water. We rented a pontoon boat from the rv oark and explored the lake. The boat rental for a whole day is equivalent to a 4 hour rental near Spokane. Great prices. Will be going back yearly.

Ideal

Slept in our camper van here, perfect spot just off the road, really private spot, really close access to Glacier NP.

One of the best sites on my toad trip

I meant to crash here one night on my way from Glacier to Yellowstone but it was so beautiful I stayed an extra day.

Most of the sites are along the water, but seem a little close to one another. Fortunately, the woman at the gate told me about sites T1 and T3. They are both walk-in sites at the end of the campground (50ft to T1 and maybe 300ft to T3) and are SO worth it. I stayed at T3 and could not recommend it more. It’s large, you get nearly 100ft of private lakeside, plenty of sun but also enough trees to provide shade. It’s just spectacular. The only draw back is that the tent site is a bit sloped, but that’s it. Everything else is magnificent. I set my hammock up over the edge of the water and just read all day with a couple dips in the lake here and there.

Truly one of the best campsites I’ve ever had.

Good spot on Seeley

Camped the last week of June here and it was one of the only places that had availability. The fee was 10 bucks and it was a nice facility. The beach and boating area was well maintained, and great for my son. The camp spots were a bit small but had a fire ring and potable water was every few campsites. Bathrooms were vaults but fairly close as well. Campsite maintenance had the wood from cutting stacked near each spot, so you could use it for fire wood. Nice spot and would recommend.

Beautiful River View

This is a great place to get away for a few days with the Clark Fork River right below. The road in is gravel and nicely maintained. This is a dispersed camping area with no tables, or metal fire pits, but there is an abundance of rock-lined fire pits of previous campers,  and there is only one vault bathroom.  We have visited this place a few times and finally camped one night in our tent.  The campsites are shaded by Ponderosa pines and a few Douglas firs. There were some rafters in the water when we visited in July, 2019.