The best TENT SITES camping near
Golden , MISSISSIPPI

Most Recent Golden Camping Reviews
Nice quit camping

Good place to get away for a weekend

The Diamond of Mississippi State Parks

We've camped  to Tishomingo State at least 3 times in the last 6 months. It's the first site we visited after purchasing our Wildwood Travel Trailer. Sites are level and most are easy to back the trailer into. No full hookups but all the sites have electricity and water. Plenty of trees and amazing views from all the site. Cellphone coverage is not good here for Verizon or AT&T. Better at front of camp.

I can't state enough how much there is to do in Tishomingo! Plenty of trails that would satisfy an Ultramarathoner. A lake for fishing (honestly never seen anyone catch a fish 🐟) and canoeing. Tishomingo has disc golf, large pavilions, and historic sites to visit.

Overall it's always clean when we've been there but there is quite a bit of age on the campsite. Roads are pretty rough in areas as well.

Spots We Like --- 19, 31, 30, 32 (waterside), 38 (private), 44, 48

Great Area to camp with the family

Great area to camp. Right on Pickwick Lake with good views of river. The park staff is very active and have lots of activities planned year round. Good entertainment and food nearby. Clean and well kept.

Decent spot on the lake

Camped here on Christmas Day 2020. It was very quiet and a little windy. I was the only camper but it’s on a disc golf course so I saw a couple of those guys. I went down to the parking lot so I could sleep in my car and have a fire by the water. It was great and quiet except there are parking lot lights which I didn’t see until they turned on. There are picnic tables, trash cans, and portable toilets. All in all a nice spot. I had Verizon and I think I had two bars of service. There’s also a spot a little east off an unmarked dirt road which was ok and had a fire pit. I checked it out but there was just too much litter and a half eaten deer carcass which I wasn’t vibing with.

Easy to find

Super easy access from the Natchez Trace Parkway. All sites are level concrete but narrow. No room for error on either side. Grills and some picnic tables close to each site but not close to be convenient to an RV kitchen. At 20.00 a night it is well worth an overnight stay.

Awesome!

Camping for our anniversary! Drinking morning coffee by this beautiful scenery was amazing!

Treasure

Great place on the lake. Campground is fairly hilly and our spot was far from level. It was the last spot available and I understand why! Lots to do on the lake and close to Muscle Shoals.

This is one of the best!

We reserved a waterfront spot, but our rig wouldn’t fit despite the website saying so, no biggy though. Was able to swap spots and enjoyed our stay. Very nice park, nice beaches and great for walking pets. Most amenities were closed for the season/ COVID. Great staff. We had few bars (Verizon) and no service on t-mobile. Overall great experience, can’t go wrong with any spot.

Serene....

Local area lacks activities, but this park is a peace goldmine!

Amazing scenery

This place is absolutely beautiful. The birds migrating and stopping along the river make for such a relaxing and peaceful place to stop and relax. The town neighboring the park makes it difficult to do anything because there is not much there unless you plan on driving 30+ minutes away. However, the setting more than makes up for that.