The best YURTS camping near
Indian Head , MARYLAND

Most Recent Indian Head Camping Reviews
Peace and quiet amongst the busy city

A small piece of outdoors in the middle of a very bustling city is a great getaway close to home! a melting pot of meeting new people from all over the country visiting the DC area. And easy access to some of the nations best attractions

Quiet, spacious and heavily wooded sites

We stayed at site D72 for 4 days. The sites are quiet, very spacious, level, and heavily wooded with 50A service, water and sewer hookup. D Loop is for RVs, A, B, C& E are tents only. AT&T 5 MB/s w/o booster(1 bar), 8 MB/s with it(2 bars). There is no satellite coverage due to the heavy tree canopy. OTA TV was descent using an external omni antenna. There is no WiFi. There is a very nice network of trails, most if not all were leashed dog friendly.

First time solo camping

A small issue with assignment of a spot. Other than that this is a fantastic place to camp in the city. Great amenities, wonderful staff (shout out to George). I'll be coming back.

Lovely Trails

Nice trails, decent campsites, cabins! The paved handicapped-accessible trail and fishing platforms are a really nice addition 💜

Awesome place

Had a great experience visiting our daughter over labor day weekend. Everything was extremely clean and well maintained. We loved the brick patio with patio furniture. Close to plenty of attractions.

Well spaced and maintained full service RV sites

Only came through for a weekend but the sites were well maintained, and felt separated enough to have some privacy. Staff were amazing about maintaining safe conditions for campers. All possible precautions seemed to be taken.

One of my go to home town state parks

Lake Anna state park is a hidden gem! If your looking for long nature walks along the lake ( make sure you stay long enough to watch the sun set over the water) AMAZING , it has a nice clean beach area WITH grills just don’t forget to bring your charcoal , a playground , tons of fishing spots everywhere in the park , camping in cabins and or tents , boat ramp access , bathhouses and outdoor water showers to spray all the sand away , you can even get married at lake Anna state park if your looking for an idea . You most definitely have to check this state park out for yourself and explore anything else I didn’t mention !

Clean, quiet campsite! The family and I had a great time. We enjoyed building a campfire and hiking all the beautiful and scenic trails! We will definitely go back again

Tranquil camping.

We absolutely love this camp ground. It has spacious camp sites with a great amount of natural shade. The swimming area is clean and very family oriented. It has great hiking trails and if your looking for a relaxing fishing afternoon, they have some of the nicest fishing piers with ample sitting area.  The sunsets over the water are priceless. Our grandchildren love that they are able to bike ride and enjoy the beautiful scenery.

Very Rude

I called for my reservation the lady hung up on me and was quite rude… i called back four times and they hung up on me twice, and never answered again. She wouldn’t give me her name.