The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Cool Spring , MARYLAND

Most Recent Cool Spring Camping Reviews
Excellent value

Well maintained, easily accessible place. Great outdoor area around it. 5/5 đź‘Ś

Scenic and quiet escape

Clean and well kept grounds, quiet atmosphere. Lums is very small and can be hard to get a weekend reservation. Campground is a short trail walk to the lake for fishing. On the other side of the lake there’s boat rentals and a zip line. Lums is one of favorite, however there isn’t much to do in the surrounding area.

My favorite spot!

I camp there multiple times a year! It's dog and family friendly, close to resources, but far enough that it's quiet and feels remote! No cell signal in the campground so the family is forced to disconnect. I absolutely love it!

Lovely!!!!

What a clean, quiet, well cared for campground!!  I saw some negative comments on another site and was very surprised.  The sites are sufficiently large.  Certainly one can see other campers but check the site map and you can certainly find sites more private than others.

VERY dog friendly.  They have an off leash dog area and swimming  area.  The trails are nice, wooded, uncrowded.   Cross the street and you can access the canal trail surrounded by protected land.  Great for walking/biking combined with canal traffic watching.  We walked the dogs along trail and saw 1 other person. Another day we drove along the dirt roads along the canal and saw 2 other vehicles the whole time.

Easy to ride into Wilmington as well as very close to the Brandywine area.

Do yourself a favor and visit Hagley Museum!

I  definitely recommend this campground!

Secluded park close to DC

Nice spread out camp sites with power hookup.

More of an RV camping spot

My friends and I booked a spot at this campground after visiting Harrisburg, PA. When we arrived, our expectations were let down by the quality of the campsite simply because of its proximity to its neighbors, the site setup and the limited space for our tents. I give it 4 stars because I am sure all of the problems we experienced would not been a huge deal if we were in an RV. Seemed like a great spot for kids/families especially because it had access to a swimming spot.

Relaxing, Friendly, and Spacious!

We had a great family camping weekend at Starlight and will definitely return in the future. Yes, it is quite hilly throughout the campground, but the individual sites are very level to park the camper with almost no blocks needed.

We had two sites this trip with water and electric, but they do have quite a few full hook-up sites. Overall the sites were large, with trees between, providing additional privacy. Except for the Plateau sites, which have the amazing view, the rest of the campground had a great tree cover! Too often private campgrounds attempt to squeeze as many sites as possible and end up with campers on top of their neighbors, but at Starlight, the sites felt very secluded. Water pressure and electric were both great throughout the stay. There is no internet, but we had good cell phone service.

The employees in the camp store are amazing and go out of their way to make you feel welcome! I felt everyone went above and beyond to help me from the reservation process through check-in. The camp store is well stocked and also serves hand-dipped ice cream.

Starlight is a nice campground to relax or explore central Pennsylvania.

Great little campground

Fantastic weekend with family. Large campsites at the Lake Loop. Map is a little deceiving- the sites are farther from the lake than I expected and there are no running water bathrooms. Very clean and wooded sites. Walking/hiking trails and the lake were super peaceful.

Solid State Park Campground

This place is best if you're into fishing but it has the basics covered. Good bathrooms, a beach, and some hiking around the lake. It's also pretty convenient to Harrisburg, Gettysburg, and Hershey if you want things to do. It also has some nice birding.

A nice family site

Definitely not as spread out as we had originally thought BUT it’s a really nice site if you’re looking to get your kids into camping there’s plenty for them to do and see. Now if you’re looking for more of a private place to camp this probably isn’t the place for you as the sites are pretty much on top of each other! That being said definitely worth the money especially if you’re really only there for a night