The best WALK IN camping near
Fredonia , KENTUCKY

Most Recent Fredonia Camping Reviews
Beautiful secluded spot. Careful if wet.

Beautiful location. Definitely off the beaten path. There was another group of campers but they camped on the trail. Grave Road getting there was a bit rough for my Ram Promaster. Hill down to trail head could get slick if wet weather. Was alittle nervous getting out after it had rained. But luckily it wasn't to much rain. Definitely coming back when warmer.

Great little camp ground

Nice little are to camp at . Well suited for tents . Most of the area isn’t very level . The road going back there is gravel . We went with our 30 ft travel trailer . There is no hook ups . Can run generator until 11pm

Unique spot

Fun experience staying with all the horses! I didn’t really know it was a thing to bring horses to camp and ride them on the trails! Loved it. Spots are pretty close together but fine for big rigs. Drawbacks: Sites 49-51 are mislabeled online. Booked a pullthru spot on 49 but it wasn’t. Campground was pretty full and we weren’t offered a lot to correct that the website was wrong. I could pay more for a different site… ended up taking “49” back in with ample space. Horses neigh, lots of barking dogs and some rowdy late night campers. If you are looking for a quiet getaway reconsider. We enjoyed being in it all and near the horses.

Great for all kinds, except weekenders

RVs, tents, hammocks, teardrops, and camper vans are all great here.

Just be warned that there aren't many lots and they fill up fast, especially Friday through Sunday, especially in the autumn as the leaves are changing.

And if it's unseasonably warm in October, don't bother coming out. Dayhikers clutter the parking spots so badly overnighters risk car accidents trying to get in or out. Lots of kids and Karens.

Secluded and beautiful

Arrived on a late Saturday afternoon expecting other campers, and not a single one! Stayed two nights right on the water. All spots have fire rings and concrete picnic tables. No host, I assume, during winter hours. All spots are clean looking and $12/night. You pay at the pay station and no permit required for this camping site. Be sure to pay, had a ranger swing by Sunday morning to confirm our stub #. Did have some hunters driving by daily, heading further back along the lake but no other campers. Lots of down wood to use for fires. Be sure to pack everything you need for this trip, no close towns for restock. Has very clean vault toilets and a water pump, but unknown if potable or not. Cell service varies between 2-3 LTE for AT&T. Cold winter nights but boy, that sunset is beautiful. Would definitely stay here again!

Great alternative

Motorcycle camping across America and I wanted to see grades of the gods. What I didn’t want was to camp on top of someone else … Garden of the Gods camp was, in a word, awful. Cadiz was spacious, quiet, and the other campers wanted to camp not party. Stayed an extra day because of it

Basic campsite in a great location

Basic car camping campsites with a picnic table, fire ring and a food pole at each site. The sites were clean the night I was there but the water seems to have been already turned off for the season (late October). There are vault style outhouses and an honor system check in box $15/night. The best part of this campsite is it’s a 5-10 minute walk to main trail/recreation area as well as the various other trails in the area.

Nice secluded spot

Was able to find the camping right away. There was one other group set up. Nice roomy sites with fire rings. After setting up I took a great hike on the nearby trails connected to Jackson falls. Some wonderful hiking and an abundance of climbing! I did some free climbing on small boulders and managed to climb my way back to the top of the gorge. Upon returning i noticed the other camp had left the grounds to myself. Rain came over night and eventually forced my hand to leave the next day and dry out. Definitely going back. Careful with the rain, the camp is right on the stream so I woke to being surrounded by streams. The path out is also very steep. I was able to handle it with a small car but any more mud or rain I would have been stuck. good luck!

Good times

It has been awhile since i have camped here. With trails and what I thought to be amazing camping i enjoyed it. With Grand Rivers a short drive up the road you will have plenty to do. It can be crowded and cramped at times but i enjoyed hiking biking and Grand Rivers.

Majestic Landscape of Geological Formations

This place really is "Of the Gods".  The Geological formations are very majestic.  It is so different from the rest of the state of IL.  AMAZING place to visit.

Please be careful if you bring children or those that like to wander.  It is can be dangerous if one goes without caution.  I'm pretty sure this is the kind of place where the phrase "slipped through the cracks" was coined.  There are many cracks and various rocks that someone can slip on or through or fall off of, so be careful.

Some of the most incredible scenery ever and the trails allow access to everything.  I am ready to go back, it is so beautiful.