About Lake Malone State Park
Hike In
Lake Malone State Park is located in Kentucky
3 Reviews of Lake Malone State Park
Beach, camping, what else do you need?

Great place to set up camp and enjoy! On site washer and dryers, very nice shower houses, the camp attended is super nice, all the staff will go above and beyond to make your stay a great one. Every night there are deers out grazing and it's near fishing spots, and Wayne's right up the street is a super nice little country store. I will be going back to camp there again and again.The restrooms and grounds were very clean at the campsite. The camp host and store clerk were friendly and helpful. This is a very small park with a quiet campground. There is no gate to the campground, so there is some traffic that comes through from time to time which I didn't care for. The trails were nice. The beach and beach house were just okay, not bad, but not great either.

Quiet venue, friendly folks, excellent trails

While we haven't camped overnight yet, my husband and I frequent Lake Malone State Park to hike the trails. In order to access our favorite trail we park in the campgrounds and are often greeted by friendly waves from other campers, and maps and excellent advice from the camp hosts. It's always pleasantly quiet when we go regardless of the time of year/day, despite campgrounds being at least half full whenever we go. It does seem like there's always a spot for you if you want to camp, and primitive camping is also available.the facility has shower facilities, and a playground for the little ones. Due to bug concerns, Lake Malone State Park does ask that you purchase firewood on site and not to bring it in. There are a few trails in the park, but my favorite is the Twisted Tree trail (and the Blue Heron loop attached). For a short drive, you can acces boat docks and a small sand beach on the water for all your boating/swimming needs. Overall a great location!

Wet vacation.

Nice lake, boat ramp very accessible, somewhat limited parking. Out of the way (as in not close to the interstate) , nice clean areas, picturesque:)