The best BOAT IN camping near

LIMITED TIME OFFER Try Pro Free for 3 Months

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Ebenezer Camping Reviews

Very quiet place to enjoy the outdoors.

Moffits

I absolutely loved staying here. Yes I am local. Beautiful scenery. Very quiet. Cody was super friendly and very helpful.

Good Experience

Nice place. Got up at the crack of dawn and took a walk, saw lots of critters.

Best host ever. October 2020

I found this campground looking for a spot near mammoth cave National park. It’s about an hour away but just beautiful. The hosts were so nice, they called us before checking in to make sure we knew how to get there and to suggest a different site. They had a massive firewood bundle for $5.00! Our batteries to our air mattresses pump had died and they had extra. The bathrooms were clean, nice hot showers.

Great Primitive camping near Mammoth Cave

Great primitive sites. Very secluded. Water, dumpster toilet, table and fire ring. What else could you need. The sites were well maintained, I saw a few Rangers make the rounds cleaning up.

Lost of space to run around with the kids. Pretty view of the river. Sites 1-6 were pretty close together. I would have picked site 8 if I had to go again.

Easy drive back and forth from cave and trails to campsite.

We kayaked the Nolin and Green rivers. Both were very pretty! Recommend a trip on the Nolin.

We will definitely be back when more of the cave is open for tours after COVID.

Love this place

This is our second time here and we love it as much as the first. Will probably be a yearly visit for us. We love all the sites, it’s quiet, near the lake, everyone is friendly. Really nothing bad to say at all(except for all the ticks….spray up)!!!

Nice spacious sites

Very clean, large, private sites. All of the sites have their own space. They are very well laid out. Small campground and easy for the kids to bike and play. The beach was closed for high water, but it looked like a nice area. Only a couple of minor complaints… people drive way too fast on the roads, quiet time not enforced or observed and no gate or anything to regulate traffic. We were at site 8, close to the front, and people were driving in and out all the time and it made me very worrisome with the kids. We also had a group next to us that were still “hanging out” at 2am. We didn’t complain about it, but nothing else seemed to be enforced aside for not parking on the grass. We aren’t complaining campers, but 2am is pushing the limits a little bit in my opinion. I also am giving some grace bc the whole place was full for the holiday weekend. We will go back, I just hope the speed limit will start to be enforced a little More and people are more considerate of the kiddos playing.

Kayaking the Green River

Set up camp at Houchins Ferry and kayaked from Green River Ferry back to the campsite.

Houchins Ferry Campground is small and the sites are pretty close together. It usually is first come first serve, but during Covid is reservation only. It fills up fast on the weekends.

Great spot for a day kayaking, about 11 miles from Green River Ferry.

Tenting area is a bit close, but still quiet

We camped in tent site 15, which is the far back corner of a large rectangular tenting area. Each site had a table and fire ring, and shared water and trash were located in several central locations. Some sites are between two parking areas (sites 7-9, I think), and some sites are along the lake shore. While most people rate the lake shore sites highly, I think you'd get a lot of headlights flashing at you as they're right along the parking lane. We really liked the back corner for privacy, and relative proximity to the bathrooms (located in what looks like an office). Showers, firewood, ice, playground, and laundry are in the trailer campsite nearby.

One caveat is that, if fully booked with weekenders, I can imagine this place getting a bit noisy at night. It's also pretty hot, though very well shaded, in July.

Wow

If you want a campground that has it all, Pennyrile State Park is where you want to be!

It has a GORGEOUS white sand beach with breathtaking blue water. Crazy to see that in KY!

Explore their caves, kayaking, canoeing, basketball and so much more! They even offer a wrangler campground if you want to bring the horses.

A little pricier than others, but worth it.