The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Bachelors Rest , KENTUCKY

Most Recent Bachelors Rest Camping Reviews
Largest campground ever

The reason I gave this campground 4 stars instead of 5 is because I find it to be mostly an RV campground. There are not any "tent only" sections which is really disappointing. Since every site has electric, they are all RV accessible. For an RV'er this place is paradise but if you're a tent'er that likes to get away from them, it will be impossible here. There are a few campsites that sit a litter further away from others.

All that being said, we were here early in the season and it was probably at 25% capacity so we still had plenty of peace and quite in our tent. The campground was extremely clean. It's a bikers paradise because of how large it is (we ended up biking 20 miles on our Huffy's just to see the place). There's a number of trails. We did one which was really nice but in need of some trail maintenance. Bathrooms were numerous, clean, and modern. I didn't shower but the sink's water was extremely hot so the showers should be too.

We wrote down our favorite sites and will definitely return as a "local" camping trip but I still wish they had a tent section.

High quality modern campground

We’ve stayed here multiple times, good electric & water service with clean bath houses. This time we stayed as a group in loop G, sites 210, 211, 212. They were awesome wooded sites with paved parking, good drainage, low traffic. Had 20, 30, & 50A service. Water station is next to site 210. Any site 200-212 would be a nice site if camping alone. When scheduling through website, each picture of the site is attached to help you book.

Large campground

We really enjoyed this large campground. There’s a bike way that terminates in the campground that runs by the lake and near a prairie. It’s not a loop so you’ll have to pedal back.

There are multiple playground and loops. Lots of places roam!

Lots of trees and water, very calming

Park is nice with lots of trees and water. Small rental cabins surround the park. Owners are very nice and very helpful with tips and suggestions for the RV, and local eateries. We stayed one night on our way south from Indy. We wanted to visit The Ark and The Creation Museum, but cannot do both in one day. I deducted a star from overall and value rating only due to no direct sewer connection. Although they do have a dump station, I prefer to have a direct hook-up. Sites are pretty level, although we did have to unhook to keep truck from sticking out into road. SInce the park wasn't full, the owners let us park our truck in site next to us. We stayed in our 38' travel trailer with our Ford F250 truck.

Nice things come in small packages !

My wife and I have been camping for years. We decided to come to Kentucky to visit the Ark and the Creation Museum. I found this little campground by joining The Dyrt. Three springs, was the best choice this summer. Very friendly staff and delivered my firewood next to the fire pit. Loaned me an electric cord extension and it was a delight to stay there.

Lake views

Close to Cincinnati but each site is wooded and on lake front , lots to do!

Big lake

Nice site!

Confusing

The State Park is on one side of the Lake and the Campground is on the other. There is no public road between the two. The campground is nice but it's an extremely long walking distance to the lake.

Relaxing!

Very quite campground, lots of shaded areas for tent campers. Shower houses ver clean!

Fabulous!

We spent 3 nights here for our maiden voyage as we picked up a new travel trailer from their local dealer, “Couch’s RV Nation”.  They had everything we needed for a pleasant stay.