The best TENT SITES camping near
Damar , KANSAS

Most Recent Damar Camping Reviews
Quaint City Park

This little RV park is a perfect no frills stop while driving through Kansas with easy access off I70. There are some sites on the small lake adjacent to the property that are surrounded by beautiful trees. We were able to grab one of these in November during the week. There are spots across the street as well, but that is more of a parking lot looking situation. Water and Electric hookups are available. However, we read they shut the water off in December so be sure to fill up your tank when that of year. We were able to ride our bikes into the little town to grab a tasty breakfast at a diner before we packed up. I would recommend this campground for a restful over night stay. *We travel in a 37 foot 5th wheel for reference

Plenty of hot water for my shower

We pulled in picked our site filled out the envelope paid 20.00 and put it in the drop box and the receipt in the window. Site 7 the power was fine. The water was good pressure and site was nearly level. It's 43 degrees at 8pm so I'm not using AC and the microwave. 30 amp for my refrigerator and hot water and microwave is working fine.

It’s an OK place

I put 4 stars because they have laundry and WiFi included on their price. The spots are mostly leveled. The office is at the end but if you come late you can pay on a envelope. It was almost empty when I came by. They have hot showers and full hook ups. The good thing is that is just 2 min from the highway 70.

Great Overnighter Location

NIce location, the lake is great with a new pier. Get there early for a lakeside spot. Nice breakfast at Gigi's in town too that is walkable from campground.

Very Nice Stopover Campsite

We arrived at 10 pm Sunday and got a space on the lake. Very well maintained campground. It’s not truly a destination, but for a night during travel it’s great. The sites are pull-thru with 30 amp and water. There is a dump site there, too. We would definitely stop there again. Really cool little town, too. Beautiful architecture on the churches.

Private Tent Sites

First time in Kansas, had a quick one night stop during our road trip. This was a gorgeous lake tucked not far from the highway. The tent only sites were totally empty and we were the only ones in the loop. Gorgeous view, just up the bank from a small beach. Self check in was easy and the bathrooms were clean. Only complaint is that it got very buggy at night, but that's what you get for a spot so close to the water. I'd definitely come back again!

Its our first KOA

After our first night this felt like the Hilton, ok maybe the Hilton Garden Inn. We were greeted by two young men and taken to our site. The lobby, bathrooms and shower were immaculate. They even have an ice cream social and fresh baked good in the morning.

Great Overnight Spot

I have stayed at this KOA twice on my way home from Rocky Mountain National Park. The park is right off I-70, the sites are all pull through and level so you don’t have to unhook - just pull in and relax. The staff is very friendly, the dog park is big and clean, and you can get a homemade grab-and-go breakfast on your way out the next morning.

Cute and right off the Hwy

Great one or two night stop. This is a small campground that is first come first serve but there were plenty of spots open when we arrived on a Sunday. All sites are pull through. We took a lake front spot, with big trees for shade. We would stay here again!

Good for a night

I didn’t have high hopes for a city-run campground in the middle of Kansas. No reservations. Pay with cash in an envelope. 4th of July weekend. We decided to give it a try and we’re pleasantly surprised.

There are 15 or so sites along the lake (which seems more like a pond or a river) which had big shade trees covering them. Then another 10 or so sites behind that were in full sun. Many of the sites had power and water. Some sites shared the power with the neighboring site, and one of the two outlets for 30 amp was missing or broken.

But there were enough open spots we found one with shade and power and water. There is a dump station by the bathrooms. We checked out the bathrooms and they weren’t clean enough for us to want to use them, so it’s fortunate we have our own.

Some people fishing. Crazy fireworks being lit off in the park behind us. Someone doing donuts in their truck at 2 am. It probably would have been very quiet had it not been for the holiday weekend.

A good place to stop for the night as you trek across I-70.