Stockton, KANSAS
Most Recent Stockton Camping Reviews
Love Hunter Cove

Live Hunter Cove camping, clean, great place to relax

Great Family Camping and Fishing

Large campground with primative and RV sites. Dogs are allowed on leash and there are plenty of places for the kids to run around and play. There is a heated shower and coin operated laundry available in the campground or you're only a few minutes away from Alma, NE for a supply run. Fishing is popular here with a great boat ramp and area to clean the walleye or whatever is biting that day. For those who RV camp, there is a dump station available.

Huge Campground with Many Options

There are many RV and tent sites at this campground with water access to the Harlan reservoir. Several loops of sites are available around the lake within this campground. Electric RV sites and some tent sites can be reserved online while there are also a set number of first come first served sites. Dogs and campfires are allowed. There is a fish cleaning station for those who are interested in fishing. There is also a playground in the main loop for kids. Due to the overwhelming amount of rain in the area, some of the sites are unavailable right now, but there are still more than enough for everyone. We were there on a busy holiday weekend and still had plenty of space, shade, and privacy. Dogs are allowed on lease at all times. There are also two group campsites and a covered picnic facility that would be great for reunions.

Perfect for low key RV camping and boating

This is a smaller RV campground within the city of Alma, NE. Very popular boating on the Harlan reservoir. The town offers easy grocery shopping or supply runs.

Nice stop over site

Cute little creek with a dock. Has a bathroom / shower but wasn’t nice or very clean. We just stayed the night, but we enjoyed the creek and the huge trees. Wouldn’t stay for longer then a day.

Nice clean well kept with a quite setting along the lake

This campground is busy all summer for the full hookup but normally will have electricity only or primitive openings

Favorite Camping Place

Close to home , large level camp pads.

Very clean

Geat place

Cute campground

Fantastic state Park with full hookups… Beach, fishing and a delightful small City of prairie dogs to entertain the kids for hours

close to I 70

close to the interstate but very little road noice.

Bombarded with bugs

So normally I wouldn't be harsh cuz I truly love nature, but we weren't even able to look around or take pictures. We were literally stuck in our camper and only spent the night and than left. When I did have to go out to take my dogs out to the bathroom, the bugs would fly up my nose and were all over me. I joked when I got back inside that this is the next place they should drop off for the show Naked and Afraid. Hopefully it was just a wet period or bad day😱

Most relaxing vacation my husband and I have ever had.

Located on Harlan County Lake. We chose campsite #63, just back from the shoreline. It was an extremely large site with plenty of room to play with our dogs without bothering anyone else. Plenty of places to walk or hike along the shoreline. While the temps were in the 90's and humid out in the sun, our site stayed between 78 and 80 due to the cooling breezes coming from the lake. The campground water supply was pristine. There were plenty of nice outhouses spread throughout the park. The main bathhouse is huge and the showers are great. The boat ramp was very nice. The campground hostess was very nice and comes around to introduce herself in case you have any questions.

Nice little KOA

This was a nice overnight spot for us on our way east. Fairly quiet spot with space around the trailer. Rustic play area but the kids loved it. Overall, a nice place to hop in overnight, and maybe a little longer depending on what you're doing.

Peaceful, except for the ticks!

This campground is beautiful and spacious, and it is fun to watch the deer wander around, but with deer come ticks. We camp in many places and have seldom seen so many ticks in one place.

Always clean ,pretty quiet, even on holiday weekends

The camp areas are pretty flat . People arr frliendly but not intrusive. Fishing can be ok. Usually a nice breeze, but quite hot in high summer.

Simple State Park

There are a number of loops here, we chose one with a lot of trees. There are some without water (fyi) and some that don’t allow RVs.

Yay: Lots of fishing, very short “trail” but nice for just simple relaxing on your road trip.

Nay: pretty much only prairie dogs to see here…

Surprise: crazy storms rolling over the plains! The caretakers were very nice and had recommendations for all kinds of things along our route (including amazing pie).

Nay: pretty much only prairie dogs to see here…

Awesome Walleye and Northern fishing!

Stayed here for 3 days and 2 nights back in 2011. The park is a bit more built up than what I generally like but this was a fishing trip so I didn't mind. There is a volley ball court and playgrounds. There is an ORV trail which was seeing heavy use while we were there. They have laundry and even fish cleaning stations, which lucky for us we needed to use. They have back in and pull through sites for RV's, some with electric and some without. There are tent only sites too. One important thing to mention is you can't have more than one small camper or more than one tent per site. Some places you can get away with this but not here. We also saw some quail and a pair of female deer here.

cute

ran into this cute little guy while here

Ok, not too exciting

Super flat landscape, very short walking trail, main attraction is fishing, less wildlife than I expected. Quite a few campsites to choose from, some with more trees than others. We chose a primitive one. Also some new modern cabins. Ok place to stop over, I wouldn’t return but others seemed happy with it. And yes, you will definitely see prairie dogs :)

Big beautiful lake

Huge wildlife area with fantastic birding. Lots of nature to explore and other facilities for games and boating. There’s a living history kind of museum which is definitely worth a look. Camp sites are simple but facilities are more modern than your average state park. Busy but very quiet and serene.

Nicest people

We were on our way to Colorado and got to the point we couldnt drive anymore. We had our dog with us and had to stop. This was the closest campground around so we called. It was late and after their business hours they still got us in and helped us with getting set up quickly so we did not disturd other campers. This seems like mostly a RV camp ground but the family that owns it really went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. Plus the bathrooms where clean and the water was hot. Absolutley no complaints. Would go again just to see these awsome owners.

Decent if on a road trip

Driving from east to west doesn't always support an exciting camping experience, but sometimes you just need a place to sleep. Ellis Lakeside was that for my journey. I am not a huge fan of sites right on top of each other, but if you are than you will enjoy Ellis Lakeside. It does sit right on the water edge, and has some pretty great water views. All in all if you are passing through KS and need a place to sleep, pull into Ellis Lakeside.

Nice Geology spot

I am always looking for a cool spot to see geology (especially in Kansas), the only downside to this place, is it can be difficult to find.