Moore , INDIANA

Most Recent Moore Camping Reviews
Great outside of Covid

We had a really great time. Good cell coverage. Lots of security, playgrounds, well kept trails, a beach, general store. This place is MASSIVE. You will need to pay a one time entry fee 9 for out of state, 7 for in state. After you check into the campsite you will have a pass. We got a space with direct access to a huge playground, but it was closed for Covid. Major bummer. There are LOTS and LOTS of playgrounds so we had a lot of temper tantrums from my normally very well behaved toddler. He goes days and days without fussing but seeing playgrounds he can't use is too much, lol The swimming area is great for kids. They have lots of stuff for sale. I posted pictures so you can budget. Overall this place was perfect, the only downside is the temporary closures. A Walmart Supercenter is 30 minutes away. The general store really has anything(including tents) that you might need but it's overpriced as you would expect. We were able to stay on property all 5 days! Extra bonus! We were here on Memorial Day and we saw 0 people on a morning hike.

Seems better later in the season--Memorial Day to Independence Day lots of noise & trash.

Water available here and there throughout campground, but turned off across fron site 12 and at the boat ramp. Not sure if dumping is currently allowed. Bring your own toilet paper and firewood. There is a private driveway about 1 mile east on 224 that sells wood for $3.00 an armload. 1 mile hiking loop at the end of the primitive sites. No swimming allowed on the reservoir, but plenty of space to launch your boat or kayak. No camp host. Sites affordable, and most will accommodate a 20 foot RV, with several large enough for the largest class A. Watch out for poison ivy, oak and sumac in wooded areas. Lots of playground equipment and paved areas for bikes. 3 garbage dumpsters along campground drive.

About what you’d expect

Only stopped here for the night to catch a rest so cannot speak to the trails or lakes. The place was nice enough at first glance that I’ll be back to check all those things out if I’m ever around these parts again. Would I make a many-hours-out-of-my-way detour for this place? Maybe… if the online booking looked like the park campground wouldn’t be terribly booked, because the sites are pretty jammed in there and close together, so you’d want to be there when it is less busy.

There were very cute friendly cats that came out at night to comb my site to see if there were any foodstuffs to be had. I prefer them over rodents, but missed the overly-friendly raccoons I’m used to :)

Weekenders that felt alienated

I thought I’d enjoy this place a little more because I’d heard from several people and they liked their experience. There are a lot on permanent sites and we just felt a little out of place because we are “weekenders.” I would have rated this place a one star had we not rented a golf cart. Our site was far from anything and with 3 kids it was tough not to spend the 65/day cart rate. We will probably return here in the summer to experience more of the swimming areas. Also we’ll try and get a group to go with us so we won’t feel as alienated.

Huge!!

Our stay was short, but I'd definitely consider another trip! Beautiful campground, large but still felt pretty secluded. Bathrooms were clean and well stocked.

Great stay

We are heading to Colorado from Michigan so this was just a stopover, one night. Very much like this park and will be back when we have more time to enjoy it. Spacious sites, good shade.

Family fun

Great place for family, lots of amenities.

Great fun!

Very clean campground with friendly staff. Lake across the road is clean and nicely kept (boats docked, etc) A ride up the road was beautiful.. saw an Emu, goats, llamas, cows.. just beautiful!

Very nice

Really nice campground,  we stayed one night while traveling. Clean bathrooms and showers! Campsites clean, some privacy between sites with trees, very quiet. Had lake, trails, would be great for families on vacation.

Beautiful, serene, great place

This was our first choice to camp after we bought our camper, and was it the right place!! The campground is beautifully kept, quiet, tons of camping spots! They are not full hook up, and make sure you fill up as you are not always close enough to a hydrant as I was somewhat led to believe. The only downfall to this place is phone service ice is very shady, as I have Verizon.

Per the name, Chain O Lakes, there are 9 lakes connected, with canals connecting them all. Our 12 year old twin girls had a kayak, and my husband and I. To do them all is a total of 10 miles, MOST of which are easy. There are a few tricky spots, but you can get through it. Very picturesque going through the canals, with lily pads, and other water flowers all through your trip!

The shower house didn’t have real hot water, especially if more than one running at a time.

General store had everything and the staff was great! Will definitely be going back!