Camping in Leroy

Recent Cabins Reviews Near Leroy, Indiana

181 Reviews of 25 Leroy, Indiana Campgrounds

rThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2021

Nice family style park for the rv or trailer crosd

This is a perfectly nice park, but aimed at the rv and trailer crowd. Not many tents or vans. Spaces are close together with families set up for weekend holidays. Nice enough facilities near the park. Clean bathrooms and nice playgrounds for the kids but nothing special overall.

Jacqueline F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

Lush area with lots of privacy

I wish we were able to stay longer than one day! I loved this spot! We loved riding our bikes along the river and just being away from the hustle and bustle. Not many amenities other than showers, toilets and hookups, but it just adds to the appeal here. A great spot to get away and experience…

• capture a pic with Smokey the bear
  • river bend
  • our private spot :)
A
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

Nice place to get closer to nature—be ready for plenty of mosquitoes.

Friendly staff, very beautiful drive underneath the canopy to the campsites, variety of sites to choose from. Our site (64) was both pretty spacious and right on the tree line, had a fire pit, grill and electric. Size of sites seemed to differ as well as sizes of the grills. Some sites were also…

• Drive to the campsites
  • Lots of butterflies here
  • Woodpecker
SiteA64
T
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

Very pleasant

Very pleasant and enjoyed myself camp spaces are plenty of room and lots of stuff to do

Laura E.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Beautiful area, campground just OK

The Indiana Dunes area is beautiful and this campground is a great location for exploring both the state and national park. The pit toilets near our site were not kept clean and they were smelly. The showers were also not clean, but the water was hot. The fire ring at our site was in bad shape…

Darlene W.
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

Relaxing and fun!

Spent 3 nights here for the first timein early July. Everyone was friendly, there were plenty of things to do and the owners are GREAT! You are treated well here! Made our next reservation before we left! I can see us spending lots of time here! Thanks for a great time! See you soon!

Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Used to go every 4th of july

Used to luv this campground, previous owners passed away and now you can't do fireworks so we don't go. It's near a creek that the kids can swim in , needs updates but good bang for your buck.

Sitevery end sites, all the way down in tent area
A
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2021

Noisy but fun.

The beach was good for the kids and adults. We only caught a few fish no keepers.jeepers. go I d place to back in a long one. The neighbors on both sides were very nice. I-65 is right next to the campground.

SiteB-9 BINGO!
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Lover the dunes

Lake Michigan is gorgeous, next to casino an outlet malls, clean place.

Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Spendy

Amusement park has really went downhill, but convient campground if your going to park

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2021

Beautiful Lake Michigan sunsets

The campground was full, but not overcrowded. Very friendly neighbors and camp staff. There is a nice nature trail to the beach. If you are able, do the 3 dune challenge. It wasn’t easy for this old body, but I was glad to have marked it off my list. The nature center is right next to the…

• climbing the dunes
  • Lake Michigan sunset.  Chicago skyline somewhere out there.
  • campsite 20
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2021

No contact.

Tried to reserve a spot for my rv,and it took me three tries and got hung up on,and no reservation.

Burns G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2021

Indiana Dunes State Park 6/8/21-6/12/21

Great visit to Indiana Dunes. Our first time there. The campground was smaller than expected for such a popular place, and the campsites were a decent size. Very quiet campground and I suspect it being a “dry” campground may have something to do with that. The swimming beach was always busy, but we…

• Sunset with Chicago easily seen across Lake Michigan from the beach.
  • My kids playing in water.
  • Trail 7 lead us to a wide open beach with very few people .
Site126, 124, 122
k
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2021

Hidden Oasis

Great park just off interstate. Gated for security and plenty of shade. Great family setting and staff.

Tucker A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2021

Great spot

Well maintained and beautiful state park. Sites were perfect. Good service from the rangers at the gate. Thanks!