The best YURTS camping near
Hopewell , ILLINOIS

Most Recent Hopewell Camping Reviews
Great in the off season too

Bartender was perplexed when I asked to (car) camp in December but was very friendly and let me do my thing even in their off season! Sooo much cheaper than SR and actually much close to the hiking trails.

Nice Place

This is a nice, quiet little campground. The sites up on the hill are nicely spaced out and deep. We will definitely be back. The only issue we had was the narrow road up the hill, I would hat to be half way up and meet another camper coming down.

Well kept and all around great campground

This campground had spacious sites with several different sections suited towards camper trailers and tents. I stayed in the outback in my tent and had no neighbors so that was great! With a general store, laundry, and very clean bathrooms and showers there isn’t much you would need to leave for. Only reason I didn’t give it a 5 star is because I was told check out time was 2pm when it was actually earlier than that and I missed it by maybe 30 mins. An older employee came by and was a prick about it threatening to charge me another $32 for barely missing the time even though there was no rush to leave with no one coming in behind me.

It's Abandon campground we lost our money.

We booked for 9 people and Pleasant creek booked three Cabins 212, 213 and 312 they says these cabins were AC We paid $700.

Few in our group were hanicape.  after reservation and credit card charged we had few questions we made at least 20 calls no one picked. I live in Bolingbrook Illinois bcz I booked and was responsible drove to this place 2 hrs to check out.

Found out this place was abandant, no cabins, and looked scary and closed. I came back trying to ask my monhey back no answer or E mails replies. This place is a scam please be careful. I also, filed a police report lost my money not happy and very embrassed in front of my group.

Please, do not trust this place and do not book on credit card I lost my money.

Thanks,

Soni

What creek?

I honestly can’t get over this campground. I’ve stayed at some sketchy grounds but this….the facilities were nice, general store is convenient and sells beer and 24hr firewood access is the only thing saving this review. There is zero privacy in the tent sites, upper Creekside is a good spot for if it rains but be aware of the intense incline. The “creek” isn’t an actual creek but just rain runoff. The older gentleman that runs the place is pretty rude, and the security is obnoxious with how often they circle around the sites. The fishing pond is subpar. At $36/night(stayed 2 nights so $72 in total) I could have stayed at a state park with actual water access and with privacy for around $20 total. This is definitely not somewhere locals should go and just let the tourists have it.

Nice little campground

This is very close to Starved Rock & Matthiessen State Parks, both of which are absolutely breathtaking! The campground is decent; lots of tents. Spots are pretty close together, but some have water & electricity; pull through spots available too. Nice camp store & small arcade. The fishing pond was NOT well kept, and the water tasted terrible—we ended up buying jugs of water because we couldn’t even stand to brush our teeth with it. Reasonable rates; we paid $44/night for pull through spot with water & electric. Fire ring & picnic table at each spot; firewood sold at camp store & outside firewood vending.

Close to parks

Close to local parks. Walking distance to bar. Great for when the other grounds are filled. Pics from Matthiessen

Great find for area

Clean bathrooms. Secluded from road, quiet, in forest. Friendly staff.

I love a nice shady camp site

We had the shade and the sites had nice people and we were near a stream, but there was a ton of poison ivy in the uncut beside the tent. Even ivy in the utility box for water and electricity.

Friendly, Accommodating, Quiet, very clean

Very friendly owners, nice little town , the campground has “The Best” gift shop.

A wonderful experience camping here !!!