The best YURTS camping near
Cotswald Subdivision , ILLINOIS

Top Yurts Campgrounds near Cotswald Subdivision Illinois

Most Recent Cotswald Subdivision Camping Reviews
Not what you’d expect

More of a yard style, open camping. No privacy. Lots of kids everywhere. No alcohol allowed. Packed during the day at the beach. Ok trails.

Nice park

Sites are narrow and long. Nice for camping with a few families in adjacent sites. Well kept and newer shower house. Some trails for hiking.

Nice park, lovely new bathhouse

We live near Chicagoland so staying at big foot beach state park is an easy option for a short weekend get away. Minutes from downtown Lake Geneva, this spot is super quaint and easy to get to. We were right by the new bathhouse and it was really nice!

Very Close to Lake Geneva

WI State Campground that needs a vehicle pass to enter.  Not very large, fishing pond was very dirty and did not see any fish.  Lots of picnic tables near the front of the park with views of the lake.   This part of the lake is shallow and many party boats anchor near the shore.  If  you are looking for nature and quiet this is not the place, but if you like parties you will enjoy.  Several places to eat within walking distance.

Spaces are not consistent, some very large and shaded and some smaller and crowded.  Short trails in the park to hike.   Stayed in many parks in WI, I would not return to this one.

Near lake Geneva Beach, but not much else

I drove through this state park to find some great campsites for future camping; I didn't actually stay here yet. While I found some great sites which I list below, overall, I didn't find much appeal for the state park itself. It's small and the water access is just outside the park. Maybe I missed some of the appeal but I think I drove through the entire park

The purpose of sharing the following is that I find it difficult to figure out which are nice sites from the online reservation site. For anyone who is interested in camping here, the following sites, in my opinion, are the best campsites in terms of shade, not being flooded during a rain and privacy.

27, 32 and 74

Great quick getaway!

Great place to quickly get in and set up, easy access to all amenities,the ranger station, and camp hosts if needed. Good fishing ponds for the kids, and great hiking trails throughout the property. I look forward to more quick trips to Big Foot State Park with the family!

Nice state oark

Clean bathrooms. Quiet.

Great state park for family RV camping

I love everything about this park except the beach, so it didn’t get a 5 star. We stayed at site 98- just barely big enough to fit our travel trailer in and right next to the showers and bathrooms. Not a great location, but fine. Took a walk around and found plenty of other large, private shaded electric sites. If we came here again I would go for a site away from the bathroom. The tent sites looks fantastic- large and private. Plenty of hiking trails here, a decent playground, and tons of large fields to picnic in. Park has a Facebook page where they post activities. Friday night we saw a presentation on the cranes of Wisconsin, and Saturday morning we did a parkwide scavenger hunt. All fun for the family. We would definitely camp here again. The beach is across the very busy road, and has about 10 ft of sand before the road. Fine for a dip, but not relaxing. Very crowded. Other beaches are nearby but not free. Town of Lake Geneva is very cute in an upscale tourist way. Our kid found the museum a lot of fun.

A very basic KOA

It’s a reasonably clean campground. The spaces are tiny, open and cramped. In the pull through spaces, where we stayed, the curb side neighbor’s sewer dump was about 10 feet from our fire pit. He didn’t hook it up tight, I had to fix it for him or suffer the smell. The campground is next door to a cheesy western town attraction with “shoot outs” and a restaurant. Also about a mile from the Illinois Railway Museum. The pool was not open for the season yet so can’t comment about that, exception say it could have been less expensive to stay before the pool opens. Not much to do in the camp spaces but look at the road side of the next camper about 15 ft away.

A yearly 2-3 day retreat!

Love this area; lake, shopping, beach, boating, something for everyone. Nice camping. Good to have a bike to ride into town and shop/have lunch.