Zetella , GEORGIA

LIMITED TIME OFFER Try Pro Free for 3 Months

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Zetella Camping Reviews
Nice hiking areas, clean sites and close to Atlanta.

Great State Park only 1.5 hours from Atlanta. We stayed in site 502 which was a good pull through spot. We noticed that most of the sites are not super private- it would be great if there were some low shrubbery in between sites (lots of very nice mature trees but not much down low to provide privacy). All areas were well taken care of and very clean (including the restrooms).  We really appreciated that each camping area Host had firewood to sell! Try and figure out where your campsite is PRIOR to going to the Park as there are two entrances and one entry is closer to campsites 1, 2, 3 and another entry is closer to campsites 4, 5, 6. The hiking trails were very nice.  We saw a good variety of birds including the very large Pileated Woodpecker. A group of white tailed deer also came very close to our campsite- one of the photos shows how nicely they blend into the woods!

Wonderful view

Park is wonderful, can be overcrowded. Surrounding area can be a bit rundown

Community Effort

Unfortunately the weather wasn’t the best when we stayed here. I want to go back in the summer and hike the long trail. When we arrived there was obviously an event going on. The small town along the front of Indian Springs State Park seems to be very in tune with the park. There is an event center, excellent restaurant and small gas/grocery right by the entrance. The campground was full even though it was February, which once again speaks to the community and residents. Not the most private sites but they are roomy. I was way to close to the playground. Screaming children are annoying… I’m not referring to yelling and cavorting. These were squalling, screeching hellions with no regard to others around them. One even made a rush at my dogs as I was walking by :( Not much view but you are above some water. No trail near the campground unfortunately. I did not use the showerhouse, it was conveniently located, but was the only one so I’m sure it gets busy.

We enjoyed the nature trail but skipped the longer more difficult trail due to incoming weather. Saw some deer, not much else. Not a well marked trail but we figured it out. I saw people headed to the spring with empty containers and the falls or cascades, were very beautiful.

Small, but designed well

This is a smaller park, but the sites are spread out well. Super quiet, lots of trails to follow - including paved ones (bonus for us as we have a baby in a stroller), full hook ups (w,e,s), and has a splash park during the summer time. We will be returning quite a bit since it’s close to home.

Freedom Rocks

Brand new place that is definitely worth a visit if you like freedom. You can tell that the property has been empty for quite some time, but I saw a pretty good bit of progress during the time I spent there. I'll definitely be returning for a visit again soon when the weather is a bit warmer!

Awesome views

We camped here for 3 nights and will definitely be back. We were in the red section because I thought it had more views and ambiance. We were in a lakeside site and the mountain and the lake was simply beautiful. The site was tight and a little scary to back in as we got there after dark. The drop off was steep at the back of the site. But we managed and was glad we picked it. We did not use the bath house so can’t review those. We were there to visit our daughter in Decatur so we didn’t spend nearly enough time at the park. But next time we will! The WiFi was okay but not great. I’m sure it fills up in the summer as it is a great place to take your bikes or simply walk.

Hiker’s paradise

We stayed in a pull thru site #109 on the lake. It was a nice site but everyone was kinda close and there wasn’t much privacy at all. Plus side it had 30 and 50 amp hookup along with electric and sewage. The park was well kept and the park ranger was super nice as we locked ourselves out on our first night before we even set up. He came by made sure we were good and had warm clothes/water while we waited on the locksmith. As far as hiking goes there are so many trails along Pine Mountain. We did the Cascade Falls which was 2.9 one way. The trail was well marked and had some ridge hiking along with several creeks and of course the falls which were well worth it. There was a gas station with a country store that had everything you would need for last minute camping supplies etc. Definitely plan to come back when the trees are full again as everything was somewhat bare due to it being winter months.

Absolutely one of the best

The title says it all. The grounds are excellent. Plenty of spots. Water, electric, sewer, primitive sites, cabins, drive thru, back ins, lake front, golf, stone mountain itself, washer/dryers, store, etc. Wow! Will definitely be back. We parked with a 41’ motorhome by the lake for 2 nights and absolutely loved it.

Overlander finally pitched a tent

I stopped into Atlanta for a few nights and wanted a covid-safe accommodations and a spot to hike and shoot photography. Sweetwater Creek camping was sort of primitive camping in a city setting. You could definitely hear traffic going by the camp site as a thoroughfare runs through the park. The bathroom facilities and shower were among the cleanest I’ve seen on the road and the hiking was really great. Not busy at all in the early AM. Kudos to the camp host and staff. Although I always prefer sleeping in the back of my Land Cruiser, I’d pitch a tent and definitely stay again for a couple nights in the future.

Great spot in pine trees; Accessible to the city

SITE: Pretty spot among many pine trees so feels private. You can see the water from the site and it's a great area to get around and walk outside. Our site was pretty level, we just needed a little boost on one side. Our sewer hose didn't fit in the hookup and it's higher than the ground so you had to assist your hose when dumping. Some of the asphalt getting to the site was really messed up so you have to dodge pot holes, but if you go slow it's perfectly doable- just bouncy. It froze 3 of the nights we were there so had to plan accordingly with our hoses.

AMENITIES: We were right across the way from Comfort Station#10 so to use the laundry room was really convenient. Daily trash pick up at site was very handy.$2 for both washing and drying. The dryers didn't work that well for us- had to run the cycle twice on towels. It's a very quiet and peaceful location.

WIFI/ CELL SERVICE: Wifi would occasionally load emails, but was not reliable and very slow to load basic searches, if at all. AT&T was 2 bars, but it worked fine at the site for calls and video calls.

You do have to pay a one time fee of$20 for your car entry into Stone Mountain on top of your RV park fees. Stone Mountain has great areas for walking and biking!