Camping in Shadowmoor

121 Reviews of 13 Shadowmoor, Georgia Campgrounds

Teresa S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2021

Beautiful Lakeside

This park has so many positives...clean gravel wooded sites, numerous lakefront sites, new bathhouses, and spacious. Made the mistake of booking a premium full hookup, which was perfect except the lakefront sites (water/electric) would have been exquisite. On my "I will return" list.

Stuart K.
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2021

Lakeside Perfection

If you are looking for a near perfect lakeside camping experience in the low country here in South Carolina, than you may have just found the perfect getaway!  Tucked away from main roads and a solid 20 minute drive from the nearest traces of civilization (McCormick), than Hickory Knob State Park…

• It's a Barn.  I know that, well, because 'The Barn' is written on the side of it.  But that's about all I know.  There's nothing I found that explained why this barn greets you upon entering the park!  Looks like it could be a lot of fun though.
  • Here's one of many perfect spots at this state park - any closer and you would be swimming in the lake!
  • #8 offers another perfect bit of seclusion
E
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Quiet and nice clean

While the tropical storm weather cut our trip to AH Stephens Historic Park we still very much enjoyed our visit.

We stayed in 2 sites with the grandparents. #9 & #12

Site 12 was a very nice straight site with the picnic table and fire ring down a few steps off the back of the main pad.…

Site9 & 12
Nick L.
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

very clean

had a great time with family and friends ALL the staff was very nice and friendly. the showers and bathrooms were very clean. i stayed in two of the walk in sites and love them very quiet plenty of fire wood. wish they had power but that wont stop me from getting them again

Site28 and 29
Kaitlin B.
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Nice weekend getaway

We camped for a night here and explored some of the hiking trails that surrounded the lake. Some of the sites are pretty secluded from each other, especially the one we were at (39).

Month of VisitNovember
Amelia F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Beautiful but horrible

Absolutely the worst camping experience we have ever had! We have camped all over this beautiful country in all types of campgrounds from ones with full services to dispersed/primitive areas and everything in between and have never experienced such horrible conditions and staff. The couple that…

Christy F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

I wish we would have come here sooner!

We got to this wonderful campground on a Monday afternoon and left Friday morning and it was probably no more than 75% full that week.  It was super quiet and well-maintained.  The 72,000 acre lake is clear and clean and is great for boating, kayaking, fishing or swimming.  My husband caught and…

• Site 38
  • Site 38...right on the water
  • Site 38
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 22, 2021

Mistletoe State Park is a jewel in Georgia

We spent a couple of nights in Mistletoe State Park in Georgia while we investigated my husband's ancestry.  This park is truly beautiful. As you enter and drive through the park you are surrounded by virgin forest and arrive at beautiful Lake Thurmond.  Our campsite was the best we have ever had…

Bernie L.

Bernie

I'm an eagle scout and there was time I camped every week end

SiteTeardrop RV
Bernie L.

Bernie

I'm an eagle scout and there was a time I camped every week end.

SiteTeardrop Rv
John H.The Dyrt PRO User

Modoc campground

Great campground with large spacious sites.Dont expect a 5 star experience with the bathhouses.They are old but are clean and function just fine for our family

John H.The Dyrt PRO User

Modoc campground

laurie M.
Reviewed May. 12, 2021

Trabquil

Perfect and spacious campsite right on Lake. Trails close by too.

• Someone is very happy!
  • End to a perfect day!
Adam W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 12, 2021

Beautiful grounds, great facilities

My brother and I went for our first camping trip. The lake was beautiful and clear, the grounds and trails on the park were quaint and well kept, and the bathroom facilities were clean and inviting. We had a great time and met some wonderful people, I highly recommend this spot!

SiteCampground 1
Karen C.
Reviewed May. 8, 2021

Nice hiking trail, beautiful lake views.

The main campground is flat making it easy to back up campers or RV’s in slots. Some pull through spots. We were tent camping and choose a walk in slot. 27, 28 & 29. Our site was 29 it is about 100 yards from the main campground down a single lane sandy road that leads into a wooded area. We…