The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Catlett , GEORGIA

Most Recent Catlett Camping Reviews
TN State Park Bordering Cherokee NF

The Gee Creek Campground is apart of the Hiwassee/Ocoee State Park. The state park/campground adjoins the Cherokee National Forest and sits on the north bank of the Hiwassee River outside of Benton, TN. The park has a nice size bath house that is heated during the winter. The showers are push valve with no temperature control, so you will periodically have to push the valve for water. There is an A and B loop. The sites on the North side of loop A are fairly uneven and would require a significant amount of leveling blocks if using a camper. There is a nice nature trail that loops around the park. The park also offers a boat launch for river access. At the visitor center, fire wood can be purchased. There is also a bike maintenance stand at the visitors center. Just past the park, lies the Cherokee National Forest where there are many options for outdoor recreation. Potable water is available from spickets placed around each loop. Each campsite has a concrete picnic table, fire ring, and lantern post. Verizon service was moderate.

Amazing campsite with great views

Welcoming atmosphere. Clean campsites and great facilities

This being my first stop on my long journey.

What a beautiful state park with many outdoor activities and trails. I stayed in campground A sites were for the most part level and spacious easy hookup. The camp host were a big help got me out of a little trouble. Highly recommend.

Great place to camp

Very nice clean place

Great place to camp

Very nice clean place

Nice place to getaway from it all

We really enjoyed camping at Cloudland Canyon.  We took our first trip in our new Casita camper there in August.  But, prior to that we had scouted out the campground back in March.  Book on the west rim, as there is more privacy and space between campsites.  Clean facilities and well kept state park overall.  Lots to seek in the park if you like hiking; beautiful views of the canyon and waterfalls.  Lulu Land Trust is a short drive from the campground, which  has a breathtaking waterfall (reservation needed).   We will be returning.

Beautiful canyon, will return to camp

We stopped in for a few hours on our drive home from Tennessee. We drove through the campgrounds to scout out our site. The campgrounds themselves seem a little crowded but I think for the surroundings it’s worth it. Can’t wait to go in the spring.

Amazing canyon

On this trip (May 2020) we stayed in one of the cabins on the east rim. It was right in the loop for camping.

It's an amazing campground with sites in the east and west rims of the canyon. The views were amazing and there are a ton of hiking trails. My kids keep asking to go back.

Nice waterfront site

We stayed in site A37 on a Wednesday night in early December. The premium/waterfront sites were mostly empty. It was a little confusing finding the site after dark - luckily I had printed a map of the campground. It was a very relaxing site with a beautiful view. The neighbor site was close, but empty the night we stayed. Unfortunately, my final impression of the campground is staff using a leaf blower to blow leaves off of the surrounding sites and the entire road area in front of our site. Though I appreciate their efforts to keep the campground looking nice, they saw we were trying to enjoy the view before leaving. They could have waited 30 minutes to do that area after we checked out.

Cloudland Canyon REPEAT!

Great sites, and close walks to waterfalls, Cherokee Fall super close.

Year 2021 Flag