Camping in Adasburg

193 Reviews of 35 Adasburg, Georgia Campgrounds

Sonyia W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Nice park close to Elberton

We stayed on two sites (8 and 11) as a group for a weekend. There isn’t water access from the site but you can see the water from some sites. Sites were on the smaller side and not particularly level front to back. Bath house was clean but a decent uphill walk away from most sites as there is only…

Site8, 11
RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Favorite Park

If you love the water this is the perfect park for you. With its own beach and multiple boat ramp areas, this park makes the perfect transition for camping and waterplay. Kayaking and yoga as the sun rises over the water could not of been more perfect.

SiteCampground 1 site 2
Kaitlin B.
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Nice weekend getaway

We camped for a night here and explored some of the hiking trails that surrounded the lake. Some of the sites are pretty secluded from each other, especially the one we were at (39).

Month of VisitNovember
Christy F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

I wish we would have come here sooner!

We got to this wonderful campground on a Monday afternoon and left Friday morning and it was probably no more than 75% full that week.  It was super quiet and well-maintained.  The 72,000 acre lake is clear and clean and is great for boating, kayaking, fishing or swimming.  My husband caught and…

• Site 38
  • Site 38...right on the water
  • Site 38
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 22, 2021

Mistletoe State Park is a jewel in Georgia

We spent a couple of nights in Mistletoe State Park in Georgia while we investigated my husband's ancestry.  This park is truly beautiful. As you enter and drive through the park you are surrounded by virgin forest and arrive at beautiful Lake Thurmond.  Our campsite was the best we have ever had…

Alice D.
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Watch out for the ants!

Two sites share a common drive and it’s very difficult to get into and out of your site without using the other site’s parking area! At least for a novice to trailer camping. Our site was overrun with sugar ants. They were on and in everything! Pretty lake but I won’t go there again

Elizabeth G.
Reviewed May. 16, 2021

Beautiful views and large spaces

Stayed at hamilton branch this past weekend. Loved the big sites. Only downside was the site we stayed on was site 42 the water connection is too far away so you must have a very long hose pipe. And poison oak surrounds the entire site. Other than that it was nice and peaceful. Look forward to…

Bernie L.
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Bernie

I'm an eagle scout and there was time I camped every week end

SiteTeardrop RV
Bernie L.
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Bernie

I'm an eagle scout and there was a time I camped every week end.

SiteTeardrop Rv
laurie M.

Trabquil

Perfect and spacious campsite right on Lake. Trails close by too.

• Someone is very happy!
  • End to a perfect day!
Hollie G.
Reviewed May. 12, 2021

Beautiful views and very clean well managed

We originally was staying only three days, but loved it so much we stayed all seven!! Great park management and beautiful sites

• First blood moon I had ever saw
  • Our view that evening
SiteSite 8
Adam W.The Dyrt PRO User

Beautiful grounds, great facilities

My brother and I went for our first camping trip. The lake was beautiful and clear, the grounds and trails on the park were quaint and well kept, and the bathroom facilities were clean and inviting. We had a great time and met some wonderful people, I highly recommend this spot!

SiteCampground 1
K

A new favorite!

We camped here in early May and loved it! Very private, large campsites. Bike friendly and beautiful lake. Wished we had brought our kayaks, but will be back again soon! Drove into McCormick and had dinner at Michelle’s which we would highly recommend. Their calzones and burgers were delicious!

• morning coffee
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 8, 2021

COE does it again. Great sites, forestry but water front , great cell coverage

The third COE we have stayed at on J. Strom Thurmond dam. (Basically we spend a week at each cos of limited availability) We stayed in GA and SC sides of the lake and two out of three have great cell coverage on ATT and Verizon - this one is great in that regard. Guess it can vary from site to site…

robins662 The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 5, 2021

Very nice!!!

This place is awesome! We slept in the primative tent section. It was nice and peaceful. Facilities are clean. Great views ❤️

• Sunset