The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Bloomfield , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Bloomfield Camping Reviews
Breathtaking sunrises and sunsets

Cozy campsites, family vibes. Nice brisk walk to the beach. This is the kind of beach for you if you like long walks and poetry. Doggies love it too.

Fantastic Escape

We had been wanting to check out skyline wilderness Park for quite some time. Thanks to recently purchasing a much more updated tent trailer (our previous one was 27 years old and VERY limited), we decided it was high time to take our “fancy” trailer to the fancy town of Napa.

We weren’t sure what to expect at first. It seemed rather gravelly and parking lot-ish. But, looks can be deceiving. Once we pulled into our spot, we were awed by the beautiful scenery, the gnarled oak trees and the serenity.

The toilet facilities were immaculate (and smelled really good!), the trails made for some excellent walks, the children loved the native garden, the dogs enjoyed frolicking in the dog run, and we loved hearing the wild turkeys gobble at night!

We were only there for two nights so we didn’t really get to check out all that SWP offers but we will definitely keep it on our short list when we’re looking for a getaway to recharge.

Ritchey Campground in Bothe-Napa Valley park

Great place to stay at when visiting the Napa wine valley that is halfway between St Helena and Calistoga, two nice tourist towns. There are nice hiking trails in the park though they are closed currently (Dec 2020) due to the fire in the area. There was no damage to the campground even though the fire burned into the grounds. The weekends usually are full, it clears out Sunday evening so during the weekdays it is really nice. Staff are really nice. Be careful of the poison oak, it is prevalent there as it is so anywhere in Northern California.

IN wine country, nice sites, sweet little town, wifi, hiking

During COVID, this non profit ecology based campground supplied each campsite its own portopotty (although I believe the camp is closed down today along with the rest of Sonoma County) with volunteer donations. Camp also has wifi, camp store, excellent hikes, and a general good groove. Showers are available. I prefer this one over Bothe Napa park. Very close to all wine country has to offer and a well stocked deli/store and post office just down the road. Despite obvious fire damage in the area, the mostly remaining vineyards were ablaze with red and oranges this Fall! there is an observatory and nice hiking here. Kenwood seems to be a place where gentrification has not taken over attitude. Folks are pretty friendly.

Clean quiet Oak Woodland

Beautiful oak woodlands, hiking trails, very clean with separate porta pottys to protect against COVID-19. Compost, recycling and garbage available.

Usually something available

Ive been to this campground twice.  Both times were fairly full, but never totally full.  You can make a reservation, but you cant pick your spot until you get there.  Better to get there on the early side.  Some sites aren't great, so you dont want to be stuck with those!  There were sites with decent shade, and I liked there was a hiking trail down to the lake.  Also a pro that it isnt too far out of the bay area.

Yurts!

My husband and I stayed here for Christmas, and loved our little yurt. It was very clean, and the bed was actually pretty comfy. It came with a cot as well. The bathrooms were super clean and also really nice. I was impressed. There were hardly any other people staying there at the same time, so we pretty much had the campground to ourselves.

It was pretty chilly at night in December, and the yurts don't really stay warm, but maybe slightly warmer than if staying in a tent.

My only complaint is noise from the road. It runs right by the campground, and pretty audible even inside the yurt. I recommend ear plugs.

Hikers dream

When I booked a “hike in” campsite I didn’t really give it much thought…I highly recommend that if you do get a hike in site you really like to hike!! It is quite the journey. I wasn’t prepared for it so I didn’t have a good time but it is a beautiful site and the lake is absolutely gorgeous, even with all the fires going on.

Good Stop in Sonoma County

This stop is pretty close to us, and has been a yearly trip. We really enjoy the rural feeling to the area -- no cell phone service for Verizon or T-mobile. If you are trailer or RVing, there are no hookups and no dump station on site. Generators can be run from 10 am to 8 pm. There is an observatory on site which is free to explore, when open. There are many great hiking trails, one of which goes to a seasonal waterfall. The hikes range from easy to difficult. There are campsites that run along the creek which are the preferred for us because of the opportunity to see wildlife at night and the kids love to play in the water. I am not sure what changes that have happened over the last few years, but there seems to be some full time campsites that made me and my family feel uncomfortable. I do really enjoy the campsite, but this may have been the last time we go due to these questionable site living situations. Dogs are allowed, but not on the hiking trails… They have newer restrooms with showers, but they are currently closed due to COVID. Each site has a port-a-potty that is cleaned after each camper checks out.

Open, can, quiet campground

Near the beach but protected from the coastal wind.