Nature
Nature

Lassen Creek Campground

4 Reviews

About This Campground

Lassen is a lovely little campground near the obsidian mines.  It is currently under discussion for decommissioning.

This is open area camping as there are no designated camp-sites.  FRock fire rings are located throughout the area.

For Campers

• Toilets
  • Fires

For Vehicles

• Max Length: 16 ft.

• Drive In
    Park next to your campsite
  • Walk In
    Park in a lot, walk to your campsite

Reviews

4 Reviews of Lassen Creek Campground

Ratings Breakdown

• 1
  • 3
Lauren B.
Reviewed Apr. 23, 2019

Love this park!

This is my favorite park of all time. I’ve been here multiple times since I was a kid, so I’m a little biased most likely. Last time I camped here it was on the off season and not the smartest decision. We were the only people camping in the entire park. The bathrooms were all locked even though…

C
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2018

Great Spot!

Dry Camp with pit toilets. No designated campsites, find a fire ring and make your spot. Beautiful spot, watch out for the cows!

C
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2018

Great Spot!

My husband and I took a quick trip to North Eastern California for some rock hounding. We came upon this campground toward the end of the evening. It's a dry camp ground with pit toilets. The best part was that there were not designated camp sites - find a fire ring, and camp away. Our nearest…

Lassen Creek Campground is located in California

Directions

From Alturas go north on US Hwy 395 approximately 20 miles to Davis Creek. Turn east on County Road 11 and continue approximately 9 miles to County Road 30/Modoc Backcountry Discovery Trail and turn left/north. Continue north approximately 15 miles to the campground on the right. Alternately, continue past Davis Creek to Co. Rd. 47, turn right (east) and follow the few signs to the campground.

Coordinates