Whelen Springs , ARKANSAS

Most Recent Whelen Springs Camping Reviews
Great lake and beautiful campground

This was officially the first campground we stayed at after we bought out Uhaul CT-13. It was perfect for our first camping adventure.  It had great views of the lake from most of the campsites. The only thing I would say we had an issue with was the fact that there wasn't a lot of space between each camping spot. Other than that, the park was great.

Perfect for RVers

This is a great park for RVs and those who love them. Only a few places were issues with our 35 footer. Staff was extremely helpful and we enjoyed the park and trails.

Really peaceful and relaxing

I thought the natural appearance was nice, it was clean but rustic. I really liked the large and wide sites, made getting in and out very easy. Hiking trails and paths were nice, but if you want to see the waterfalls they are seasonal so check before you go ….

A simple get away for the day!

Lake Catherine is a simple get away for the day or weekend with nice hiking trails. I advise advance reservation to secure a camping site.

Very clean resort

Even though this is a state park, it is a “resort” state park. Extremely built up and very clean park. One of our favorite parks in the Ouachita area and keep coming back!

This place is huge!

On a whim, I reserved a site driving from Tennessee to Texas. Had to book through the recreation.gov app, which does not give you a good idea of what is booked or not. However, after getting here, there was NOBODY around. I would guess that this beautiful park has 60 or more sites? Maybe 10 of them had campers, so there was absolute quiet and darkness where we were. It was great! There is a discreet dump station on the loop. The lake was gorgeous, we walked in the evening to see lots of bats catching bugs. We could not have asked for a better experience. We had power and water hookups on our very level site. All the pads look well leveled. The park was well manicured and clean. VERY steep grades to get in and out of the area. Would definitely return. Wish I had taken more pictures for you all.

Great place with huge sites

We stayed in a Campsite B, spot 22, and it was awesome!! Our site was huge, with a 30 amp/water hookup, and a huge tent pad. We were a couple hundred yards from the lake and less than a 1/2 mile from a handful of trailheads. We were also really close to a fun little playground for the kids. We did the hike to the waterfall and it was great. It was very easy and had some fun playing around the waterfall. We will absolutely come back!!! The other great thing was no burn ban!!

Gorgeous

Gorgeous, clean campground. The lord are spacious (we had a lakefront front view). The park has plenty of hiking trails. Our favorite led to a beautiful waterfall. This was a midpoint stop for us but we’ll definitely be back for an extended stay.

love it here

nice trail quiet but very busy lots of people spots are a little tight but not to bad love it here

My new favorite!

We will definitely be back. The park was sparkling clean and beautiful. We lucked into a water view site with a little trail going down to the lake. The site was spacious with plenty of room to spread out. Our spot wasn’t level, but it wasn’t too hard to fix. We saw deer in our campsite both mornings—so pretty! The lake is beautiful too. Great phone service for ATT and Verizon.