Tuckerman, ARKANSAS

Most Recent Tuckerman Camping Reviews
Great family park in East AR!

We’ve camped at Village Creek State Park a number of times and we love it! It’s a family friendly park with ball fields, tennis courts, and a first-class golf course. We have tent camped, pop-up camped and RV camped here. We normally stay in the lower campground area which is a great spot for families due to all the green space. The upper campground area is much better for RVs given the access to sewer. There is a renovated playground in the upper campground area as well.

All sites are mostly level. There are a few at the back of the lower campground with steep inclines near the trailhead entries. There is also a creek that runs behind some of the campsites on the lower campground which could be a mosquito haven in warmer months.

This is a great family park! You will enjoy your time for sure!

Missing something...can’t quite put my finger on it

Oh yeah, it’s the lake. Apparently it was drained to repair the dam. Looks like and apocalyptic wasteland where the lake was. Walked out to the middle of it and some Perv was flying a drone over my head. Stayed at the tent campsite which was ok because no one else was there, but you can see the rv site and some dumb buildings and a big streetlight. With the amount of dogs barking it sounds like you are in a neighborhood. It was ok. I guess any state park is better than no state park.

Beautiful park

We enjoyed our stay here. Beautiful trees, hiking, 2 lakes for swimming, kayaking or fishing, tennis courts & golf course near by. Very clean and well taken care. Space between sites was great.

Would rank it higher but I’m too old now

Great campground. Clean. Party atmosphere. Wouldn’t take the family. Great place to rent canoes for a fun float.

Nice place, not my cup of tea

Campsites were very nice but a little closely stacked. Very steep decline to the waters edge. No mosquitoes which is half a point itself.

One of my favorites

Great campground on the bank of the Little Red River; a cold water, world class trout fishery. Great bath, picnic and fishing access. USFWS trout hatchery on site. One of my favorite campgrounds. Shady and cool in the hot Arkansas summer and protected from the wind for a great camping trip.

Great place to camp if your young.

Very busy place in the prime time (literally memorial day - labor day busy). Big stop for the college kids and younger groups but was still nice. Has a store, canoe/raft/kayak rentals, tent and camper spots, fire wood. Can be load cause of the parties. Still recommend it

Awesome Park.

Great park to visit. Has paddle boats, lake to fish, boat ramp to Black River, newly updated campgrounds with all the hookups, playground for the kiddos, plenty of trails. Staff is awesome and do well taking care of the park.

I could live here!

The location of this campground is incredible! So incredible, that I am trying to figure out a way to go every weekend! I am a river girl, so this is my heaven. The campground is broken up into different sections. The front sections A, B & C are closer to the river and have better river views. We stayed in section D. There is about 100 yards of trees between you and the river, so I doubt you get river views during the summer, but you can see the river during leaf off.

The bathrooms are older, but they were clean. Our site had electric and water hook ups. No sewer.

You can access the river and trout fish right from the campground. This is also a day use area, so the boat ramp and fishing pier are pretty busy during the day. The fish hatchery is also on site and is worth stopping by and spending a few minutes here (free).

The Collins Creek Trail is also accessible from the campground. No need to drive to the trailhead. Take the trail that starts where the bridge crosses from Section C to D closer to the back of the campground. It is worth the short hike. There was plenty of water flowing over the cascades during January, but I have been told that it is pretty dry during the Summer.

If you are wanting to eat a local dinner, I highly recommend checking out Lindsey's Resort that is near by. I believe the restaurant is only open on the weekends. We went on a Friday night and did not have too long of a wait. The food was excellent!

Timing is everything

This campground is not for everyone. During busy holiday weekend this campground is a PARTY and a half! Its like walking in a fraternity party and is a great time until its not. Over the years I have found that I much rather spend my time here on a slower time of the year.