About Washita - Lake Ouachita
US Army Corps of Engineers
Washita - Lake Ouachita is located in Arkansas
4 Reviews of Washita - Lake Ouachita
Well maintained, Friendly, Beautiful

I arrived at my campground - site 68 in Loop D to realize I booked a site right next to the road. I was the only camper that night so the rangers kindly let me switch to a site that was more secluded. The flush toilets and showers that were well maintained. The showers had spiders in them, as everywhere in the south, but they were a great treat after a very sweaty night of sleep.

The gorgeous lake was a nice walk from my site. There is a roped-off swimming area available. I admittingly swam/floated outside of the roped-off area because it was very small. I noticed volleyball nets near the lake, some chairs, a dock for boats nearby.

Wifi at the ranger station.

site included:

tent pad

picnic table

Hook thing to hand lantern light or whatever you please.

Beautiful campground!

This is our second favorite State Park in Arkansas. We had a spot overlooking the lake, which was beautiful. It's a super quiet and peaceful lake. Lots of kayaks and canoes. We also enjoyed the hiking trails. The walk-in tent site area is amazing! There was a nice beach area for swimming as well. We rode our bikes over to the loop D tent camping area, which also looked nice and quiet for camping. We will definitely be going back here again!

perfection in the form of camping

Camping in the state park of lake ouachita in a tent. never. been. better. was on site T04 for tents and basically sites t01-t11(maybe 12) are on a small peninsula with the lake on both sides. you can go swimming in the lake right off the back of your campsite. they have charcoal grills at each site as well as a fire pit that has a grill over itnfor cooking things over the fire. there is a concrete pad with a picnic table as well as a separate pad on compacted dirt for your tent and then plenty of space in your campsite for other things. you can’t beat the views. the bathrooms are the cleanest an moat upsated Ive seen in a camp ground (and I’ve worked in one) and the showers are great. never felt afraid of wild animals roaming the sites while walking to the bathroom in the dark or anything. the staff in the office is friendly. they offer boat rentals for cheap as well as expeditions to partake in. went on a 4 mile hike and walked to the trailhead from the campsIte. couldn’t recommend this place enough!

Loved it

Stayed about 5 miles down dirt road. I believe it was 3 sisters springs? it was great!