Love Creek , ARKANSAS

Most Recent Love Creek Camping Reviews
One of the best in Arkansas

Definitely my favorite park in Arkansas so far. It’s a really big park at the lake with lots to do. I was there in the fall so I didn’t do any lake stuff but still had a great time tent camping. There’s a nice hiking trail to explore. Also, the bathrooms were the cleanest I’ve ever seen at a state park. All the tent sites have a gravel pad, grill, picnic table and fire ring. There are also walk in tent sites on the peninsula which are nice and quiet. If you get one at the end I’d say it’s probably 200 meters to the parking lot and bathrooms. I peeked into one of the cabins and they look really nice. They also have camper cabins that have heat/air but no bathroom. In all there are 93 RV/tent sites, 8 cabins and 4 camper cabins. The park is also near Hot Springs so there is lots to do.

Basic but great place to stay

We stay there several times a year.  Great hiking the lake is always fun.  It is near enough to Hot Springs.  Also near plenty of quartz mines.  My favorite place in Arkansas.

Beautiful scenery

This is our 2nd time to stay here. The 1st time we had a great site that backed up to the water, but those were all booked this time. We were lucky to get a site being Easter weekend. There is a great playground in the beach swimming area. There are 2 bathhouses that looked fairly clean, although we didn't use them. We had a W/E site, but there may be a few FHU sites. The lake itself is supposed to be a great fishing& scuba diving area. The drive to Hot Springs is only about 30 minutes.

Beautiful!

We enjoyed our 2 nights here on the lake. The campground is literally on a mountain in the lake. Tent sites right on the lake and so are some RV spots. Warning. Stay away from Loop C around sites 35-37. They are literally right on top of each other. We luckily had a friend who was staying over on site 28 and we parked with him. Loved it there! Some sites are off camber due to the mountain side. Bath house where we were staying was the nicer of the ones. Older but clean. Can’t wait to come back in the summer!

What a View

This is a gorgeous spot the view is amazing. Outhouse not so nice door doesn't lock. There is a fire ring, picnic table, grill and it's free. I spent 2 nights here and would definitely come back.

Wonderful Campsite

What a pleasant surprise! Plenty of space, easy back in parking. You can walk to the crater if you like, less than a mile. Nice bathroom and showers. Stayed 2 nights. Plenty of stars. No bright light to ruin the true camping experience!

awesome

Great park plenty of activities we dug for diamonds, no luck,be prepared can get very messy especially after a rain very educational for all ages

Great

Great park nice swimming lake and great for skiing and tubing nice sites and a really fun park

My fortress of Solitude

No frills. Bring everything. Quiet spots on the lake. If you have squeamish kids along, maybe bring a “Luggable Loo”, as the toilets get scarier after dark. Because it’s on BLM land, access can be closed by the government, like when a certain moron closed all National parks in 2013.

Great Primitive Camping

Nice view. T-Mobile Cellphone reception. Bathroom, tables, and flat dirt spots. I car camped without any problems. I did see a few trucks drive in and out for sunset, but otherwise I had the place to myself. Can’t ask for much more for a free campsite!