Guy, ARKANSAS
Most Recent Guy Camping Reviews
Nice stop

Loop A $20 for full hookup, Loop B $15 for regular. Hot showers in A, cold in B; but you can use either. Be careful how close you are to the wash house in B; the halogen light outside humms all night. Camp host WILL make sure you follow the rules, including paying. Price seems a little steep for a forest service campground, and the price is the same all year(even during the slow season). Overall, seems well kept, nice amenities, but a little princely if you’re just looking to set your tent for the night. Also, the ouchita trail runs right next to the camp.

So many cool rocks!

We had a great time camping at petit jean! We went on a few of the easier hikes but they were so great with such cool sights to see like turtle rocks, Indian rock cave, carpet rocks & bear cave.

Great spots and people

Most spots are river view.. nice breezes

Nice fall camping

I don’t enjoy camping here during summer way overcrowded but is wonderful this time of year!!! Enjoyed our weekend!!

RV-Centric Suburban River Camping

Maumelle was full of RVs. I think we were the only tent-only campers. Being a Saturday night, it felt like a lot of locals and the mood was pretty lively. Our site was right on the river, pretty spacious, but not very private. There was no wood for sale, but our ring had leftovers, plus hot ashes- boo! RVs pretty much had string lights and music, but no generator noise since there is electricity. No-see-ums were bad once the sun starts to go. Bathrooms were clean, not covered in bugs, but short on TP. No soap. It seemed like there may have been a smelly, leach-field of some sort nearby. I think this is a convenient and nice spot, but you really have to be prepared and accepting of the openness and RVs. The host was very nice and proud of the park.

Nice place

Good place go camping, water is nice when you go night swimming more than the day since the water is awful during the day since it's a little warmer than I like.

Clean, flat, and beautiful tent camping at campsite 61

I tent camped at site 61 in 2015:

• We were pretty close to all the amenities and the campsite checkin/store
  • There is a nice, flat tent pad
  • Grill and fire ring were nice
  • Paved driveup spot
  • It wasn't very crowded; the two sites across from us filled up, but that was about it

I would 100% stay at this site again.

Some of the best spots in Arkansas

Many primitive camping spots throughout this area, plenty of trails of all levels, and waterfalls. There are tent pads available at the entrance and primitive spots deeper along the trails if you are backpacking.

City Campground

Stayed at this KOA so we could spend some time in the city. It is what you’d expect from a campground beside the interstate. It was pretty full, there were sparse trees, and we could see everything our neighbors were doing. The bathrooms were very clean and the showers hot. The only downside was the traffic noise from the interstate, but that was to be expected.

Worth the drive!

Very nice/clean campground in Richland Creek Wilderness. Several trails and waterfalls close by. Drive-up spot, fire-ring, picnic bench, hook, pit toilet. Day use area for hiking. The dirt road leading in is well maintained

Wonderful time

My husband and I tent camped here in November. Pretty cold at night but the weather was perfect for the hikes which were absolutely stunning. We had a delicious breakfast with a view at the lodge. 10 out of 10 would recommend!

Quiet, Clean bathroom park

Sugarloaf has become my family’s go to camping area. Campsites are usually easy to book in advance, and we never had any problems with reservations. Swimming are and powered bathrooms are great. Park rangers patrol the park throughout the day and night, giving all campers piece of mind. As most campsites are, there are no real defined borders and all Greers Ferry and Heber Springs are surrounded by residential areas. We had an instance where a gentleman rode his ATV through the woods and just walked up to multiple campsites. He was friendly but later that night someone tried to open my car door, causing the alarm to go off. Proper authorities were called and they eventually caught up with him. Out of the 20+ years we’ve used Sugarloaf, this is the only issue we’ve experienced.

Great diverse area!

Love this spot! There is so much to do in this park, I love it. There is golf, disc golf, dog park, baseball and softball fields, cabins, archery, amusement park, and more! It’s very family friendly and pet friendly so everyone can enjoy the fun. It is very clean and fairly quiet. It also isn’t far from society and stores, so if anything is forgotten then it’s not a big deal to go grab something. I go to this park at least once a month and always find something new and fun.

Waterfall heaven!

This place was amazing. These sites were well kept and spaced enough to feel private. We never made it to hike to twin falls but we did play in the creek and jump off the big rocks. We eventually drove down and found falling water falls, and six finger falls! I recommend making a trip to both of you go out this way. The water was a little cloudier than normal due to the recent rainfall but still beautiful!

Limited

We enjoyed our stay.   We tried to go hiking, but covered in ticks minutes after starting the trail.   Our site was close to the water with a view of the nuclear plant.   I think it was a nuclear plant across the water.   Area had nice play grounds.    Other campers helpful and polite.  Bathrooms clean.   Nice pic nic areas.  We was in the area for a ballon festival.   Kids enjoyed the stay.

Absolutely Sublime

I had an absolute blast while at Petit Jean State Park. I stayed at the Mather lodge and in one of the cabins both of which I loved staying in. The trails through out the park are all great hikes, even the less prominent paths are nice to explore. The hike down to Cedar Falls is absolutely fantastic and more than worth the trek. My favorite part of the park hands down has to be the multiple look out points you can find around the mountain. The views you can find along red bluff drive and at the gravesite are breathtaking. Petit Jean State park is fantastic and I can’t wait to go back.

Great place

We have stayed at here several times.    The kids enjoy the playgrounds x 3, walking, plenty of open space, and watching the barges coming down the river.   Area real close to town.  Not much to hike.  Sites are roomy.   Bathroom is always clean.  Camp host pleasant.

Small but awesome

We live close by and go usually once a week.  Camping and hiking in fall and spring.  Swimming, canoeing, fishing, or just hanging out in the summer.  Sites fill up fast. New visitor center is nice.  Park has a fishing tournament for the kids.

Awesome camping

We stayed in the yurts one time and it was nice but hot. Bring FANS. The yurt came with a canoe and life jackets. We loved that stay. My favorite stay is at the tent sites. We have stayed so many times. Several areas to hike with young children. Swimming pool available at a good price. The kids love the near by petting zoo. Lake available for fishing and boat rentals. Wonderful views all around one of my favorite spots.

Close to home

We visit here often.  The park is close to home.   We camp, fish, hike, swim, canoe, and just hang out in the hammock.  The park is kept well maintained.   The rangers are awesome.  The hold fishing derby’s for the young kids.  The park fills up fast in the weekends and peak seasons.   No complaints ever.   The park has a nice new visitor center.

Wonderful Campground

I called ahead a couple of days before we were to arrive and the ladies on the phone were awesome. They fixed us up with the perfect site The first night when we went to the shower house we got a big surprise! Not only was it clean but it had six doors. Behind each door was a shower room complete with a toilet and lavatory and guess what??? It was air conditioned!!! Made my day to take a shower and get cleaned up in a private air conditioned room. Clean park good fishing, 3 miles to town!

An Arkansas Unknown

Favorite campsite in the spring. Beautiful bluffs take you right down to the water. Stone pavilions with fireplaces for cold weather camping. Best kept secret.

Skoolie camping

Good spots full hookups, clean bathrooms and shower, hot water. Quiet surroundings, lots to see and explore, hiking galore from easy to experience hikers..has access to cool pool local stores for supplies and occasional events…

Great place

Very nice family friendly campground. Just don’t camp on lower sites when raining.

Absolutely wonderful camping spot for RVs or tents

The State Park systems in the US are some of our favorite places to find beautiful camping spots, but Lake Dardanelle State Park in Arkansas tops most of them all. The spots are spacious and aesthetically nice, wood and charcoal grills at the ready, most are shaded well, the shower/restrooms are air conditioned and spacious. The swimming beach looked wonderful, the campground host was welcoming, it was all we could ask for.

Beautiful area

Our first time in Petit Jean State Park and hopefully not our last! The area is so beautiful and the park is clean. We stayed in one of the yurts. The kids enjoyed the geese right outside the door and at night, the deer came out only feet from the yurt. The yurt itself is was as expected. Only beds inside with one table, 4 chairs and a fan. It does have electricity inside but no water. Outside is a nice deck, propane stove, water faucet, fire ring, picnic table and bbq pit. It also has a canoe available for use with each yurt. The boathouse was not too far away and well maintained. There is a very nice pool on the grounds also. We really enjoyed the hiking trails.

Pretty but crowded

The "river" that runs nearby was low and it's cold as it's spring fed. It's a steep decline to get down to the water and really hard to get back up. Guest services were good, but the punch code box to get in is tricky. We spent most of our time at the State Park instead of here. RV and tent sites are mixed together and it's a tight fit and constant struggle to keep vehicles out of the way of other people coming and going.

Great get away

It’s free camping , the restrooms and all the campsites are in the same area , every site has a hard top cover and fire place water hookups and electric , but my favorite part is swimming in salado creek , there is a rope swing . Only downfall is it’s right on the main highway so trucks get kinda loud at night sometimes

Amazing Campground

This Campground is quiet, secluded jewel in Clinton, Arkansas. Tall trees everywhere you look. Every campsite is shaded. Perfectly spaced trees for the hammock lovers.

Beautiful view of the lake

A nice busy but not wild family camping area. Has a swim area and marina, kids can feed the fish, able to rent boats or kayaks/canoes also. Family friendly and relaxing.