Fountain Hill , ARKANSAS

Most Recent Fountain Hill Camping Reviews
nice

great little park really beautiful, tight spots but nice stay will go back ,and the pool is a plus

great park

nice sights ,quiet ,beautiful but mosquitoes are terrible

Ok for last minute

It was a last minute booking, for a holiday weekend, after a major hurricane. Campground was nice, nice & clean bathhouses, nice pool[closed due to pandemic]. Cabins looked nice, too. Just have to be careful what sight you book, because I almost never got my camper level in sight #21. All in all, I would make a return trip

Nice park, great lake

Very nice, newer bathhouse facilities. Friendly staff, family friendly place. Cane Creek Lake has great fishing. Clean park. Bring your own firewood.

Nice little campground

Upgrades have recently been made to a good campground. Nice small fishing lake and swimming pool modern bath houses really nice cabins.

Amazing state park, sadly underfunded. Still worth a trip.

Pretty state park, swimming pool during summer, gorgeous trails on an enchanting bayou, wooded back in slots with a camp host, not much to do in Bastrop but this park is a great attraction. No sewage but there is a dump station. There is also tent camping, cabins, and equestrian camping and trails but there have been budget cuts that prevent horse trail maintenance and road repairs, so you don’t know what you’ll get sometimes. The park has playgrounds and pavilions.

Words can’t Describe

If I could give less than 1 star, I would. This park was very dark, arrived late and could not see any camp site markings because it was so dark. The roads to our camp site was horrible . The only good experience was the bath house. It was clean and well lit.

Small, good kayaking

The park is on the smaller side with plenty of cabins and good places to kayak, canoe, and fish. The bayou is very nice. The pool is a little run down looking as of late summer 2019. We went trial hiking but this was a little difficult as the walking trails aren’t really maintained (the horse trails are maintained and clearly marked).

Sunset

đź‘Ť

Gorgoeus park with fun activities

We visited Cane Creek over Memorial Day weekend. The sites were level. We did have several fire ant hills that we had to deal with and quite a few red wasps. We were able to watch numerous birds (pileated woodpeckers) and even saw a swamp rat swimming in the lake (resembles a beaver with a skinny tail). You have to walk through thick brush on a slope to reach the water. My husband mostly chose to walk down to the fishing pier and docks. It was about a two minute walk away from our site. We stayed in site 17 I believe.

There are water and electricity hookups with a bathroom close by. We rode bikes so it didn’t take long to get the the restroom. Our neighbors had issues with their electricity because they were trying to run an air fryer, and it kept throwing the breaker. We ran our box fan without any issues.

You can rent kayaks for very reasonable. Do it! The water trail is unlike any I have seen. Don’t miss out on the hiking trails, but watch out for ticks!

You can rent an RV here as well. It’s set up at the entrance of the campground. It seemed like a nice setup. We rode past it several times on our explorations of the park.