The best WALK IN camping near
Dripping Springs , ARKANSAS

Most Recent Dripping Springs Camping Reviews
Birthday

The campgrounds was amazing and the store staff was decently friendly but the owner and his wife where rude and being nasty I went to have my dgter Birthday and they charged everyone that wanted to enjoy her day $10 not a carload A PIECE my son has ptsd so we brought his service animal which is cocidered MEDICAL EQUIPMENT not a pet and these rude nasty people charged me $50 extra after I left said the Girl with the color hair snuck the dog in no that’s not even the point if your animal is service it’s medical equipment not a pet GET THAT RIGHT also said my cabin was left a mess listen here people imma a former Girl Scout leader and all the girls in my cabin was former Girl Scouts so when we leave we leave it as we found it or better so don’t go giving me that it was dirty line of crap I freaking know better then that.was definitely treated like outcast from the owner and his wife you guys should really just use that resort as a gated community with the people that’s already there since you don’t know how to be nice to the new guest☹️🤔😔😡

Heavener Runestone

Came here for a day trip and had fun. There is an awesome hiking trail that takes you down into the valley and to the runestone itself. There are multiple tent sites and a good playground. Also a great view looking down to the bottom of the hill. We didn’t camp but the sites looked like most start park facilities.

Greenleaf State Park

We had a great time tent camping here on Labor Day Weekend. Beautiful park with grassy tent sites. Nice hiking trail. Bathrooms could stand to be updated. There is a marina where you can rent canoes and kayaks and buy supplies. There is a mini golf course too. The absolute best part of this park is the splash pad. It was the best splash pad we’ve been too. They had a cool slide and we had a blast.

It's very nice

Really enjoyable clean state park with easy to moderate hiking. The falls are beautiful but small.

One of a kind...

We were here mid March on a rainy windy day. It felt too eerie visibility barely enough to see the next 10 ft probably. The windy road, fog, wind and rain made it feel like being in one of Stephen King's novel.

But, the next day the sun came out and all was well. The visitor center is rich with information about this area, do step in and take a tour. Also enjoyed all the desserts at the Lodge's restaurant, made it worth hiking all the trails. Lot of little creeks and scenic views everywhere.

Cell service (Verizon and ATT) was spotty in the trails but couple of bars in the campsite area. Free wifi at the Lodge lobby if you absolutely need to be connected.

Wonderful Campground

We love Lake Fort Smith State Park.  Lots of places to hike and explore, beautiful lake, and very nice camp sites.  Peaceful!!  One of our most favorite places to camp.  Well maintained, clean, nice bathhouse and friendly staff.  We go whenever we can!

Dirty, loud, trash

Several RV people running generators all night long. Lots of trash, not the best maintained. In theory $10/night but not worth paying for and very few campers did it appears. Has a prison style shower, blistering harsh spray but ice cold. Bathrooms were pretty dirty.

Quiet campground, convenient location

General: Located near the Oklahoma/Arkansas border, this is a surprisingly quiet campground given its proximity to the highway. Once you reserve a site, you receive an e-mail instructing you to register your vehicle for a parking pass, which must be done prior to arrival. (There is a $10 charge for non-campers). You will then receive several updated e-mails and/or text messages. The weird thing is that the parking pass is activated at 9 am on the day you are scheduled to arrive, however, check-in to the campsite is not until 4 pm. The pass expires 24 hours later (9 am), however, check-out from the campground is not until 2 pm. I’m not sure if the parking fee is enforced in the campground or just in the day-use parking lot.

Sites/Facilities: There is an RV loop and a tent loop. There are also five yurts. Sites 41-45 are VERY long pull-throughs that could easily fit two large RVs plus another vehicle. All other sites are back-in. All sites are paved.

Bathhouse: Restrooms/showers are located between the tent and RV sites and are easily accessible to both sections. They were clean. I did not use the shower so cannot comment on this other than it looked clean.

Activities/Amenities: The main attraction here is the short hike to see Dripping Springs. There are also other (paved) walking trails plus a volleyball net, basketball, disc golf, and catch and release fishing. There is a small store which is also where you check-in for camping. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

A definite treat!

My crew of 4 spent two nights there. It was a tad windy, but the bathrooms were nice and spacious, the layout of the entire site was nice although the map made it a tad difficult to find our site. They were out of passport stickers, but if that is the worst that happens in a weekend, we are golden. I will return to this campground.

Great

Great park with beautiful trails, caves, a plethora of wildlife, and lots of CCC history. This park offers everything from primitive, hike-in camping to cabins and everything in between (including a full hook-up area). Park also has a pool. Remember, if pulling a camper, take exit 53, do NOT go through Winslow. The road is beautiful but VERY curvy and steep. Lots to do and see. A must.