The best DRIVE IN camping near
Dripping Springs , ARKANSAS

Most Recent Dripping Springs Camping Reviews
Birthday

The campgrounds was amazing and the store staff was decently friendly but the owner and his wife where rude and being nasty I went to have my dgter Birthday and they charged everyone that wanted to enjoy her day $10 not a carload A PIECE my son has ptsd so we brought his service animal which is cocidered MEDICAL EQUIPMENT not a pet and these rude nasty people charged me $50 extra after I left said the Girl with the color hair snuck the dog in no that’s not even the point if your animal is service it’s medical equipment not a pet GET THAT RIGHT also said my cabin was left a mess listen here people imma a former Girl Scout leader and all the girls in my cabin was former Girl Scouts so when we leave we leave it as we found it or better so don’t go giving me that it was dirty line of crap I freaking know better then that.was definitely treated like outcast from the owner and his wife you guys should really just use that resort as a gated community with the people that’s already there since you don’t know how to be nice to the new guest☹️🤔😔😡

Nice Clean Campground

We really love it here. We will be staying here often.

Heavener Runestone

Came here for a day trip and had fun. There is an awesome hiking trail that takes you down into the valley and to the runestone itself. There are multiple tent sites and a good playground. Also a great view looking down to the bottom of the hill. We didn’t camp but the sites looked like most start park facilities.

Fun cabin stay in November

We stayed in a cabin in November and had a nice quiet time. The cabin was a pretty standard OK state park cabin. There were some nice new Adirondack chairs out back with a nice fire pit. As a nice surprise, the park was decorated with a drive through Christmas light show.

Greenleaf State Park

We had a great time tent camping here on Labor Day Weekend. Beautiful park with grassy tent sites. Nice hiking trail. Bathrooms could stand to be updated. There is a marina where you can rent canoes and kayaks and buy supplies. There is a mini golf course too. The absolute best part of this park is the splash pad. It was the best splash pad we’ve been too. They had a cool slide and we had a blast.

It's very nice

Really enjoyable clean state park with easy to moderate hiking. The falls are beautiful but small.

One of a kind...

We were here mid March on a rainy windy day. It felt too eerie visibility barely enough to see the next 10 ft probably. The windy road, fog, wind and rain made it feel like being in one of Stephen King's novel.

But, the next day the sun came out and all was well. The visitor center is rich with information about this area, do step in and take a tour. Also enjoyed all the desserts at the Lodge's restaurant, made it worth hiking all the trails. Lot of little creeks and scenic views everywhere.

Cell service (Verizon and ATT) was spotty in the trails but couple of bars in the campsite area. Free wifi at the Lodge lobby if you absolutely need to be connected.

Wonderful Campground

We love Lake Fort Smith State Park.  Lots of places to hike and explore, beautiful lake, and very nice camp sites.  Peaceful!!  One of our most favorite places to camp.  Well maintained, clean, nice bathhouse and friendly staff.  We go whenever we can!

Dirty, loud, trash

Several RV people running generators all night long. Lots of trash, not the best maintained. In theory $10/night but not worth paying for and very few campers did it appears. Has a prison style shower, blistering harsh spray but ice cold. Bathrooms were pretty dirty.

Pretty but Crowded

Overall this is a good place to camp or to park your RV at. The camp sites were a bit close together. Each slot has an RV electric hookup, fire pit, and picnic table. There are spots right next to the lake itself which look lovely at sunset. The bathrooms lacked soap and were a bit grimey (but it’s a lake so that’s relative).