The best TENT SITES camping near
Caligoa , ARKANSAS

Most Recent Caligoa Camping Reviews
Great state park.

Beautiful view. You can sit in the cool clear water and relax. Great place for kids. Park is well maintained. I highly recommend.

Nice park near Jonesboro

I didn’t get to spend much time here but I tent camped for 1 night in November. Beautiful park with lots of trees. Clean bathrooms. Unfortunately I didn’t have time to do anything but the park looks great.

Airport side review

We had spot 5 and 6. The area is quiet and nice it’s right next to a little airport that no one really uses. The water is on the wrong side on the site so bring a extra hose.

I like it

The camp ground is small only 4 spots but it’s free also there is plenty of hiking and fishing available not a bad place I’ll definitely go again

Enjoyed so much we’ve visited more than once

The first time my former partner and I came to Sam Baker was during 4th of July and it was pretty busy but laid back. The accommodations were excellent such as the campground shop and cafe. We stayed in our very large tent, folks were really friendly even though it was mid COVID-19. They regularly cleaned and sanitized all the bathrooms regularly on schedule. We really enjoyed our first stay of roughly a couple nights so much we scheduled to return later that fall. We found out they also had boat/canoe access along the lake and we finally got around to that before it got too cold. Actually enjoyed some more of the snack/meals at the cafe and of course bought whatever we felt necessary at their shop. We really appreciated all the great vibes and welcoming folks. Was sure a good time hope to come back a third and more often then not enjoy our stay!

Unexpected Surprise!

I’m not sure why this was our first visit here, but it definitely won’t be our last! We love winter camping as we enjoy the parks when they are more quiet. I bet this place is very popular in the summer.

The campground has great tent spots and a variety of paved spots. Some are really small, so make sure to take rv length into consideration. The bathhouse is older, but clean.

There is a trail at the end of the campground that can access the trail with the swinging bridge, or you can go to the right and walk straight to the camp store right from your site! You can also walk to the lake from here.

The lake area is beautiful with a small spring fed waterfall, a swim beach area and even a slide into the water. No fishing in this lake, but there is another lake across the street that looks perfect for fishing!

Exactly what you want for $15

This place is nice for $15 easy pull in, full hook ups, nice gift shop and gas really close as right off the freeway. No extra amenities

Clean and nice

My family camps at Sam A Baker every year. It is clean and everyone there is friendly. They have a nice gift shop and some great places to swim.

Nice little campground

Nice little primitive campground with about 8 small spots. Has a nice sized lake good fishing if you are using a boat, or kayak. Spots have a table and a fire pit. Vault toilets, and a pavilion on site.

Nice quite little spot.

This is a perfect spot for a pass though. 3 back in spots with fire pits and tables. Road coming into the camp ground can get a little rough depending on season, but it’s gravel. Spots are perfect for smaller rigs. Sites are only a few miles from our house, we use it to test out new gear (hammocks)

General Watkins has a good amount of ponds (great fishing) and has a few good walking/ small hiking trails.

This campground will always be packed for Missouri firearm deer season. Mid November. But normally has open spots rest of the time.