The best DRIVE IN camping near
Caligoa , ARKANSAS

Most Recent Caligoa Camping Reviews
Lake wappapello

Nice ,lake on bith sides of you

Lake wappapello

It's beautiful here

Great state park.

Beautiful view. You can sit in the cool clear water and relax. Great place for kids. Park is well maintained. I highly recommend.

Nice park near Jonesboro

I didn’t get to spend much time here but I tent camped for 1 night in November. Beautiful park with lots of trees. Clean bathrooms. Unfortunately I didn’t have time to do anything but the park looks great.

Airport side review

We had spot 5 and 6. The area is quiet and nice it’s right next to a little airport that no one really uses. The water is on the wrong side on the site so bring a extra hose.

I like it

The camp ground is small only 4 spots but it’s free also there is plenty of hiking and fishing available not a bad place I’ll definitely go again

Great for the passing through stop

We did a 1 night stay passing through to St. Louis. All sites we saw were full hookups and our site was nice and level. Close to town so everything you could need is convenient and easy to access. Would stay again.

4 Star Now - Soon to be 5

Not sure what the backstory of this campground was, but Josh took over in April and you can tell he has put a lot of work into fixing it up.

We stayed in a cabin. We don’t stay in many cabins - usually in an RTT - so I can’t compare what is typical. The weather was wet and windy and we were in the middle of travel days - so we needed a warm, dry, no fuss place to stay. So for us it was just fine. Plus, Josh was great getting us in last minute.

I think the cabins are well suited for a fish camp type stay, but if you are traveling with someone who will be bothered by beat up appliances and bare bones bathroom, this won’t be to their liking.

Next time I stay we will opt for the campsites, which look to be level and better spaced than a lot of campgrounds. Shade varies from spot to spot, with some lacking any.

I’ll also make sure I have a MO fishing license, because I’d love to cast a line here. For people bringing a boat, there is a boat ramp and marina docks and fuel.

Josh seems to take a lot of pride in the place and given more time, I am sure this campground will continue to get even better.

The Mark Twain Forest is a great setting, too, but our dawn departure pictures didn’t really turn out.

Lots of green space and large trees!

My husband and I stayed a night in one of their cabins on our way home from TX.  We let Josh know when we were getting close because it was much later than we had planned.  He had a bonfire waiting for us right outside our cabin!  The cabin was great!  Anything we needed was supplied.  And the birds nesting across the lake were an added bonus! We will be going back for sure.

Quiet, dark, clean, well-kept with easy water access & big campsites.

The Holliday Landing is your fishing paradise, crappie & catfish everywhere on this side of the lake.

They have a marina & gas on the dock, which was helpful and larger spaces than we normally have. They offer firewood, ice & bait and have monthly rates for campgrounds which is hard to find.