Augusta, ARKANSAS

Most Recent Augusta Camping Reviews
Nice place, not my cup of tea

Campsites were very nice but a little closely stacked. Very steep decline to the waters edge. No mosquitoes which is half a point itself.

One of my favorites

Great campground on the bank of the Little Red River; a cold water, world class trout fishery. Great bath, picnic and fishing access. USFWS trout hatchery on site. One of my favorite campgrounds. Shady and cool in the hot Arkansas summer and protected from the wind for a great camping trip.

I could live here!

The location of this campground is incredible! So incredible, that I am trying to figure out a way to go every weekend! I am a river girl, so this is my heaven. The campground is broken up into different sections. The front sections A, B & C are closer to the river and have better river views. We stayed in section D. There is about 100 yards of trees between you and the river, so I doubt you get river views during the summer, but you can see the river during leaf off.

The bathrooms are older, but they were clean. Our site had electric and water hook ups. No sewer.

You can access the river and trout fish right from the campground. This is also a day use area, so the boat ramp and fishing pier are pretty busy during the day. The fish hatchery is also on site and is worth stopping by and spending a few minutes here (free).

The Collins Creek Trail is also accessible from the campground. No need to drive to the trailhead. Take the trail that starts where the bridge crosses from Section C to D closer to the back of the campground. It is worth the short hike. There was plenty of water flowing over the cascades during January, but I have been told that it is pretty dry during the Summer.

If you are wanting to eat a local dinner, I highly recommend checking out Lindsey's Resort that is near by. I believe the restaurant is only open on the weekends. We went on a Friday night and did not have too long of a wait. The food was excellent!

Salado Rest Area

6 primitive camping spots with picnic tables, grill and trash cans. The site has a men and women's restroom with flushing toilets and sinks and is handicap accessible. This is also the take out point from a 12 mile float from Camp Tahkodah, a 20 min. drive away.

Great location on Greers Ferry

Dam Site is a nice campground on Greers Ferry Lake. The location is perfect for enjoying the lake, the Little Red River and all the other outdoor adventures that Heber Springs has to offer. We like winter camping, but it appears that they close off most sections of the park during the colder months. There is a newer private/suite style bathroom in the park. Much nicer than the old stall style.

2 night stay at Village Creek

This place was ok, very small, however more than half the trails and park were closed due to flooding. Lots of construction in progress. There was no sewage hook ups (water electricity only), nearby dump station. Bathroom facilities were very clean. The two trails opened were nice. My kids brought there bikes and enjoyed the one bike trail. I was a little annoyed by the park staff. They came by at least 15 times each day, checking tags, checking fire pits, checking pets, etc. I get it, but it kind of ruins the whole experience when you are relaxing in your camper and see park personnel snooping around constantly. We saw them everywhere. We couldn’t even hike without seeing them. It just felt invasive.

Gorgeous peninsula campground

This was our 2nd time camping here. It’s the nicest campground close to home. All of the sites are large with full hookups. They really did an excellent job with this place. The bathrooms are the best of the best (private, suite style rooms). I like that it is not a large park (only 14 RV sites and 3 tent sites) l, so even when it is full, it does not feel overcrowded. I do wish they had more hiking trails, but the bear creek look is really nice. The park office is excellent with a museum area. Fire wood can be purchased at the office as well. Very popular lake for fishing!

Beautiful in the Fall

Village Creek is becoming one of our favorite campground that is close to home! Great for hiking, fishing, kayaking and general outdoor activities!

Choose from 3 different campgrounds within the park: The Lower Loop is more rustic and offers water & electric hookups. There is a nice, small creek that runs along the back of the campground behind the sites opposite the main road. Plenty of flat ground for football, baseball or badminton. Very nice “suite style” bathrooms.

The Upper Loop has larger camp pads with full hookups. There is walk up water access at the end of the cove between sites 46 & 47 with a swim beach (looks like it is about to undergo some renovations) and playground. The bathroom is extremely clean.

The Horse Camp looks nice, but I don’t know any details on that.

The park office offers WiFi (very limited cell service in the park), wood for sale, ice for sale, other snacks and bike rentals.

Several tennis courts, a basketball court and a baseball backstop can also be found within the park. There is also a beautiful golf course for the golfer campers!