Nature

A Spark in the Dark

Campground Owner Verified

7 Reviews

About This Campground

"Drifting along like a tumbleweed,

you're right where you're supposed to be!" :)

​The Spark is a 40 acre "Primitive Plus" camping experience in a mountain/prairie/desert hybrid environment situated in Northern Arizona about 4 miles west of Ash Fork. My listing on Hipcamp has been so popular I won…

• Drive-In

• 5
AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2022

Quiet and private

This campground is well off I-40, so very quiet. The roads going in are not paved, but passable with our small teardrop trailer. The sunset was fantastic and the sites were not too close, although we were the only people camping there on a Wednesday night. High points: quiet, almost lonely, Host…

• fire ring
  • outhouse
  • campsite
SiteNorth East corner
C
Reviewed Mar. 20, 2022

Wonderful little escape

Wonderful camp site! Such beautiful views, very nice host and really clean bathrooms! Definitely coming back had a lovely time.

SiteSpark in the dark,back corner
Month of VisitApril
Mackenzie M.
Reviewed Nov. 8, 2021

Awesome!

Clifford the host was very informative and super nice! He greeted us when we arrived and he had fire wood available to purchase. The views were beautiful, the night sky is truly amazing! Bring tons of blankets and layers it does get cold this time of year! We definitely will be back!!

Month of VisitDecember

A Spark in the Dark is located in Arizona

Directions

You will get exact directions in a welcome message that I will send you on check-in day, but we are located about 4 miles west of Ash Fork on I40 and 3 miles south of the exit. Your check-in welcome message will have exact GPS directions and tips, weather info and other information that will help you know what to expect. I'm so happy you found me and I look very forward to having you out!

Coordinates