Prescott, ARIZONA

Most Recent Prescott Camping Reviews
Free & Quiet

Snow when we arrived at night, but there were a few RVs and campers just north of the exit and off the road. You could head back further and get quieter.

Great place

Little dusty and noisy but plenty of room to camp and the trails are great!

Enjoyed my stay.

360 full hook ups. 100 water and electric only spots. Lots of dry camping spots. Heated pool, laundromat and on site restaurant.

55+ RV Park with lots of shade

If you want a shady site in a cooler location, this is it. The temperature was consistently 5 degrees below the towns of Camp Verde and Cottonwood. However, the trees that provide the shade also may block access to satellites.

The staff and volunteers are very friendly and helpful. If you pull a trailer there is room to unhook and drop it off at both ends of the village.

Social activities are scheduled, and there are several national monuments to explore nearby.

Awesome site right off the main road

This site was close enough to the city while being far enough away to enjoy the surrounding nature. For the coordinates given, this site does have a short stretch of road that may need a vehicle with higher clearance, just a heads up. There is a nice fire ring and a place to park 2-3 cars max.

A great site

This site is great for large groups because it is far enough away from other sites and has sites 10/11 right by each other so you can get a fairly large group in if you’d like! Lots of open space and 2 fire rings for the 2 different sites.

Such an amazing site!

We got to drive straight up to the cliff-face and camp out for the night. We woke up to an amazing view and it was just a great view over Sedona and the beautiful landscape!

Had an awesome weekend of camping all around Arizona!

We found a dispersed campsite right of Senator Hwy in Prescott AZ by Wolf Creek. It was somewhat difficult to get to, but it is possible in a 4x4 and good ground clearance. There were nice fire rings already made and plenty of space for multiple tents if wanted! Plenty of trees for hammocks and plenty of ground space for tents.

Scenic and friendly

I just spent two nights here with my family and I left telling my wife that we’ll return again. When we checked in the staff helped us pick the site we wanted by touring us around in a golf cart. We got space 1A which is somewhat close to the bathrooms, the pond, and a nice chair swing. At night the sound of the creek provided nice white noise to fall asleep with.

Our site had a 30 amp hookup, water, and sewer.

This is a great campground for families as there’s lot to do on site. From the pool, the playground, the creek, and the nightly skunk viewing, this place keeps young ones entertained.

If there was one down side I’d have to point out it’s that there is absolutely zero cell service on site and I had trouble even getting radio stations in my camper. That said, that isn’t a bad thing when you’re trying to get away and camp. There is wifi near the office if you really needed it.

Very Quiet

Very nice RV park almost to quiet. All the amenities you would need and fairly close to everything.

Private and clean

Beautiful pine area with a quick hike to the Lynx Lake. Concrete tables and fire pits with grills. We stayed in #14 and it was several steps to the actual camp site. Not recommended for car campers, but away from the road and private.

Camping in the town

This campground is very close to the town of Prescott and was quite busy! It didn’t quite give us the feel of being in nature with so many people and cars on the near by freeway. We did have a campground that backed to an open area which was excellent but still not as relaxing as other campgrounds I’ve been too. Site 15 is extremely uneven, see picture, it was our first time needing to level to this degree. Picnic table and fire pits were in good shape. Overall not too bad but won’t be returning.

One of our favorites in AZ!

Where to begin? Bring your bicycles, kids, horses, and a great attitude and you and have nothing but fun here very clean very well maintained nice helpful people.. it's close to anything you want to go to Jerome the ruins the casino Sedona it has all the amenities that you would want to take care of you your family or any gifts that you have with you..

Really nice facility. Great bathrooms and showers. There's an area to take the little ones down to river where they play in the water safely,. Dogs are welcome and the playground has a really fun mini zip line. The place is well-maintained, especially the restrooms. Camp hosts were welcoming and knowledgeable about hiking. Fun place to hike.

Great family campground in beautiful surroundings

Stayed here with my 2 year old granddaughter. Plenty of other kids to play with. A combination of tents and RV's.

Beautiful area, playground and swimming pool, right on the creek which is accessible for swimming.

Restrooms were very clean. Did see some small trash on the campground and would have expected that to be cleaned up. The pool area needs repairs and updating, but nothing that would stop me from swimming.

Lots of dogs and did see dog waste that the owners didn't pick up :(

Overall a great stay for families. Would not recommend during the summer or weekends if you don't want to be around kids.

Very clean and quiet

Great campground for a quick get away! Always clean and quiet. The hiking trails are nice too!

Great place

They have stables available to stay and nightly, weekly, monthly and longer term rates. Lots of amenities. The park is down a hill so you don’t hear the road traffic from the 60.

Good place in the mountains

Very large site, a bit off the highway and not well marked but once there it’s pretty great. Fire rings and picnic tables as well as plenty of shady trees make this campground nice and easy.

Beautiful campground

We always Love coming here at least once or twice a year. There are bathrooms and water Spicket‘s throughout the entire campground. Most spots are reservable online 6 months ahead of time. There are many different hiking/biking trails throughout the campground. We stayed in spot 9. The table is on the opposite side if you Back with a trailer. It is nice that this loop as a round about at the end so no through traffic can come through to just drive by. Makes it nice with kids that like to ride bikes.

Product Review: Primus Campfire Pint and Four Seasons Mug. As a Dyrt Ranger I get to try out awesome new gear from outdoor companies. We were very pleased with both cups.  The Pint is a perfect size for all beverages and does let off any condensation.  We dropped the cups a few times and there wasn't any scratches or dents in them.

The Mug look extremely small when first getting it.  But after putting coffee in it and drinking it, it seemed to be just fine.  Kept our coffee at a great temperature also considering the 37 degree mornings.  I would highly advise Primus for all gear needed.

A new gem

For being so close to cottonwood you would never know it. Nice ripairen area along the Verde.

Outdoor living with all the amenities

Stayed here for two weeks. This campground is nestled behind some hills right next to the Verde River. It’s a beautiful setting with a huge variety of sites. There’s a mix of full timers and daily/weekly visitors. The entire staff is very friendly and helpful. I can’t say we met a bad neighbor either, and most were super nice people.

We stayed near the pool lodge. The pool and hot tub were very clean. There is a horseshoe pit, tennis courts, and basketball courts that didn’t seem to get much use. Still, nice to have for people staying longer term.

The only irritation I had was the speed limits. I understand the reasoning, but getting in and out of the park was a pain just because it took so long to drive 5-10 mph for 1-2 mile stretches. Most of that drive is through uninhabited areas, but I think Thousand Trails is just covering their rears for liability sake.

Oh, and internet is almost non-existent. I had a T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon phone, and all were pretty much worthless most of the time. We paid $15 for a week of WiFi, but ended up asking for a refund as it was even more unusable than our phones. Still, you can only ask so much from a campsite when it gets far enough off the grid.

So, overall a great experience, and would definitely love to stay there again in the future.

Any body

I’ love camp grands

Nice place

Nice place to camp. All the roads are paved and full hookups. Many burros in the area.

View at dispersed 7

Nice, had to pick up others trash but the view.

Nice campground in Pines

We love coming to this campground. It’s only 3 miles from Prescott and well maintained. There are some sites that don’t have any shade and some that are very unlevel. (15 is very uneven) We stayed in 29 and was easy to back into and get everything leveled pretty easily. There are bathrooms and water available throughout the campground. Goldwater lake is your closet water for fishing.

Interesting

For free camping there aren’t very high expectations but this would be really difficult to get back too if you are in a big rig or don’t have a lot of clearance. The road isn’t well maintained. There was garbage and stuff left everywhere. There was a fire ring and Prescott was really close.

Desert Tortoise

Great spot if the lake is on the fuller side because you have access to the water right down the hill. We beach our pontoon every year. There are bathroom with running water and water available. No hookups on this loop. Well maintained.

Great spot

Perfect get a way up in the pines. Roadside parking for most spots make easy drive through access for RV's and TT.

All around amazing

We came here looking for a swimming hole while working a job in Sedona over the summer. This is really everything that is great about Sedona. A short hike to oak creek revealed several swimming holes. There were also awesome cliff jumping spots. The best part about this, way less busy than slide rock.

Weather was perfect to catch amazing shots of the red rock. I highly recommend this spot!

I loved it up here. Except

I loved it up here during the monsoons and the week days. The weekends are rough with the ATV traffic hence alcohol in the evenings caused the drinks to walk up and down the main road fighting. My dogs barked and warned so camp was safe. Otherwise this is the place.

A must

Absolutely stunning views. incredible calm lake to kayak on at sunset. Hiking through the rocks is easy to get lost, but going to the bottom of the dam for some rock climbing was definitely worth it