Camping in Edgefield

Recent Equestrian Reviews Near Edgefield, Alabama

246 Reviews of 13 Edgefield, Alabama Campgrounds

Brad J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

We love this campground. Beautiful scenery. Facilities are almost always clean. The sites are nice and pretty good sized.

Siteb-24, c-18, c-22
Jerry M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Awesome spot!

So glad this was my first experience in my RV. The owners here were so helpful and gave us some great tips on our RV and were super accommodating. The first site we entered got a bit muddy after a few days of rain and they brought in a truckload of gravel and spread it out to keep the mud at bay.

c
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2021

Nice campground, fabulous park

We really enjoyed our visit to Cloudland Canyon State Park. We camped in the East Rim campground. As others have noted, many of the campsites are close together, but the sites are actually quite large. They have gravel bases edged with railroad ties. The campground is pretty spread out, with lots…

Site71 East Rim
JThe Dyrt PRO User

Easy on and off fromI-24

It’s clean well run campground that is very close to I-24. We have stayed here many times and enjoy the convenience when passing through.

Timothy The Dyrt PRO User

Beautiful Lakeview!

Cedar point campground it's a little interesting getting to it but it is beautiful once you get there. There are 10 campsites that are lakeside six of those having 50 amps. The sites are pulled through with electric and water there is a dump station provided.

• this is the road into the campground
  • the view from wf-17
SiteWF17
Daniel S.

Amazing views and waterfalls

Great place. Amazing overlooks and some of the most beautiful waterfalls you will find. We stayed at site 27 which was one of the nicest. Restrooms are dated but welcome center / store is super nice. We would love to visit again.

Timothy The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2021

In search of Sasquatch!!!

We went on opening weekend. So it is not completed. The sewers weren't in, the showers aren't completed and some of the sites were very good. But with that being said the staff is wonderful they provided wood and ice. They also have some very very creative ideas. There are two dump stations. We…

• we did locate a Sasquatch on Sasquatch Farm!
Sitewe stayed at site 39
Daniel S.
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Family Fun and so close to so much

Our site (33) was very nice. Far warning look into what you book as they all aren’t the same. Admittedly I am more of a state park person but my kids had a blast at this KOA. great staff and service. Great location can be at look out mountain or downtown Chattanooga in about 25 minutes. WiFi was…

Rachel M.
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Sold Out

We arrived at this campground without a reservation and it was full.

Blair M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 27, 2021

Beautiful Views

We stayed one night as a half way point on a long drive, and I am so glad that we did.  Cloudland Canyon is BEAUTIFUL.  We stayed in the West Rim campground.  The spaces are close together, but it is quiet and shaded.  In the morning we hiked a bit and went to the overlook for the most gorgeous…

• Canyon Views!
  • Creek on the road between West Rim Campground and the visitor center (seen on my quick morning run).
  • Main Overlook
SiteWest Rim Site 63
T
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Nice weekend trip

I took my 6 and 8 year old girls, tent camped 2 nights. We had a great trip. This is a great place for kids to hike/climb/ explore. My kids are accustomed to 6+ hrs in the heat everyday, so it wasn’t an issue. Nice and cool/breezy at night this time of year. The park has a close bathhouse with…

Sitethe sites are not labeled
Cole T.
Reviewed May. 14, 2021

Perfect

Prefect spot for a short hike-in backcountry camping experience. The hike in is less than two miles and the camp sites are secluded and spread apart. Highly recommend!

Brandon M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 8, 2021

Sawmill Campground - Pigeon Mountain

Great FREE site near plenty of hiking trails, world class rock climbing, etc.

I discovered more secluded camp sites more suitable for the seclusion I seek when camping.

• Boondock Ready
BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 30, 2021

Very Nice Big Rig Friendly

Although we only stayed 3 days we had no issues in the park. Clean and well maintained. Free WiFi, not all that good.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 29, 2021

Love it

Amazing place to stay. Good park with plenty for the kids.

Siteh55