Camping in Highland

20 Reviews of 3 Highland, Washington Campgrounds

Jaime B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2021

Riverfront camping

Camping right on the Snake River with Lewis & Clark Discovery Center. Lots of sites, water restrooms, showers, and fire pits. No hookups.

• Discovery Center
  • wildlife
  • dinner
SiteCottonwood 70
J
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2021

Nice spot by the river

Great camping spot. No RV hookups, but fresh water, restrooms, and showers. Next to river but lots of shrubs. Can walk down trail to access river bank.

Sitec70
Kristina  C.
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2021

Decent Campground

We went during Memorial day weekend which is a very busy camping weekend. It's a cool spot and the drive there is beautiful. It's the only campground in the general area meaning it's the only bathroom nearby. I'm sure the experience would be different if it wasn't a busy weekend. The entire time…

SiteMidway Campground
J
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Great time

Very easy to find campsite. Plenty of space Fe our vehicle, a fire pit and grill area. Just overall a great experience.

C
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Great Park and Campsite

Super helpful staff gave us a sweet campsite. Lots of wildlife around and we were camped close to the trailhead. Great hiking and views of the river and canyon. Definitely going back.

Kelsey G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 4, 2021

Nice little campground

We stayed in site #4 which was right at the end with glimpses of the Palouse through the trees and lots of space. You could easily set up 2 tents there. It was $15 a night plus $5 for an extra car. Nice campground, clean, trash cans at each site and a pit toilet. There’s a little trail at Kamiak…

K
Reviewed Mar. 28, 2021

Clean, convenient, near water

We stayed in Birch Loop for 2 nights. This was our maiden voyage so we opted for something close to a city as we were still setting up our camper coming out of winter.

Our spot was plenty long enough, but not as wide as I would have liked. There are two big trees on passenger side that prevent…

Jeff K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2020

A hidden Gem

I grew up camping here and after traveling the world I can say this park and the view from the top still take my breath away.

Reviewed Jun. 23, 2020

Wonderful

I love coming here

Reviewed Jun. 11, 2020

Fun place

Great place to take the family

Reviewed Jun. 11, 2020

Great place

I love coming here whenever I visit Washington. I’ve grown up around this place and will always love it

C
Reviewed Oct. 29, 2019

Accessible

Very family friendly place and the trail is wheelchair accessible. Great trek along the river. Watch for rattlesnakes in the area!

K
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2019

Loud

Overall, a nice state park campground, but a little too close to the city. The bathrooms were decent, with free showers. We arrived around 6pm and the weather was weird, light rain then hail, but it stopped after about an hour. We started to settle in and then a group of maybe 30 teenage boys…

Shane M.
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2019

Great hide away

Awesome camp ground right on the river. We saw lots of different wild life. The only down side is a out of state fishing license is kind of expensive.

Nick B.
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2019

Quiet, secluded, and close to hiking.

The campground has only has 5 sites, but we were the only campers. We camped the first week of June, so days were warm and it got cool enough at night to sit close the campfire. There are plenty of logging trails to hike within walking distance, and more a short drive away. The drive to Midway is…