Camping in Highland

54 Reviews of 21 Highland, Washington Campgrounds

Marian J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Beautiful but busy with ATV's

We stayed in a cabin for two nights in late June 2021 and had an awesome time! Lots of great tent and RV campsites in a nicely maintained park! They have ONE handicapped cabin and 3 regular! Bathrooms are pit style but kept very clean!

SiteCabin
Ted
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2021

A big mess

After being routed the long way around to this camp ground we went down into a kind of valley where there was a lot of trees cut down and left where they fell, not much mid day shade as we got there about noon. We stopped to look around and were attacked by big horse flys. We got back in the truck…

Sitedispersed camping away from misery springs
SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2021

Tucannon Excitement

Tucannon is a place I’ve been coming to since I was a kid. Absolutely love the area. Quiet and away from others.

Jennifer R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 24, 2021

Great memories

Free during the off season but don't get stuck with a dead car battery. Can get really cold and no phone service and very few people pass by.

Sitenunya
Month of VisitNovember
Ted
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2021

No way in

Went there at night, hard to find the driveway then looked and there was a new fence across the driveway so couldn't get in

Sitecouldn't get in
Kristina  C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2021

Decent Campground

We went during Memorial day weekend which is a very busy camping weekend. It's a cool spot and the drive there is beautiful. It's the only campground in the general area meaning it's the only bathroom nearby. I'm sure the experience would be different if it wasn't a busy weekend. The entire time…

SiteMidway Campground
J
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Great time

Very easy to find campsite. Plenty of space Fe our vehicle, a fire pit and grill area. Just overall a great experience.

Kelsey G.
Reviewed Apr. 4, 2021

Nice little campground

We stayed in site #4 which was right at the end with glimpses of the Palouse through the trees and lots of space. You could easily set up 2 tents there. It was $15 a night plus $5 for an extra car. Nice campground, clean, trash cans at each site and a pit toilet. There’s a little trail at Kamiak…

Megan K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 31, 2020

Great for day use

I came here to hang out during a logging sports event and I really enjoyed the doc area where I sat with my feet in the water. We did not swim (except my dog), but we enjoyed the landscape and the lush green grass they were growing.

I do want to camp in this park but we were camping at another…

Megan K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2020

Allows Tents on RV sites (Don’t Recommend)

This park is very attractive. It appears to be well maintained and cleaned.

BUT... Do not tent camp here. I will admit I was hoping to hammock camp (I bring a tent too in case), and it was clear it would not be a camping environment.

And, if you are an RV camper, there’s no spot to really hang…

G
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2020

We had the place to ourselves!

The reservoir was pretty low but the camp site was incredible #48. We had water and electric. Cool little guided nature trail for an evening walk with out little one to learn about animal tracks

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2020

Nice Weekend Stay

Very friendly staff that keeps the facilities clean. Full hookups with lots of pull through spaces if needed. We fully utilized the bike path along the river each day for nice long rides into Idaho and back to Washington. Would stay again.

C
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2020

Incredible views and experience

Stayed here several times, always well-kept, memorable, and have met some fantastic people!

Rachel A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 30, 2020

Fun

But crowded. Pretty cool to stay on an island though

Rachel A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 30, 2020

Clean and sprawling

Excellent views and right on the edge of Clarkston. Super clean, friendly people, a pet area and water access