Edna, TEXAS
Most Recent Edna Camping Reviews
Fun and activity Filled!

My family of five enjoyed our stay at Splashway Campground. We liked that the easy access and closeness to the waterpark as well as the other activities the campground offered. We played chess, checkers, on the playground.. there is laser tag and a catch and release pond as well. We were unable to play the miniature golf because it is all rock and green so I was unable to wheel my toddlers stroller and wasn’t going to hold him the whole time. Our only complaint was that the particular spot we reserved was very close to the other spots. A travel trailer pulled in late last night to the spot next to us and when we came out the next morning we practically walked right into their camper. The ‘A’ section had a few sites that were spaced out but most were very close together! The golf carts also are really expensive. Just for a 4 seater it was $114 a day. They allow you to bring your own golf carts or side by sides but no four wheelers. Will be bringing our side by side next time for sure!

Nice Park, Awesome Time!

My family and I really enjoyed this park. Every lot has a concrete slab as well as a picnic table area! They don’t have a grille area that we saw but there are some at the pavilion, we brought our own. Close to the beach which made it easy to take a break to allow my toddler to take a nap. My only complaint is that the showers could use some updating and cleaning. I refused to allow the kids or myself in the camper with all the sand on us so we showered in the park showers. Due to all the salt in the air all the bathroom locks are corroded and the women’s wouldn’t work so they had the bathroom door propped open for anyone to come in which made me uncomfortable while showering. If you book early enough you can reserve a lot right on the water wish is awesome! We will camp there again! (:

It made My 5 Days Vacation Awesome

I just took my 5 days holiday to enjoy with my family at other location away from our home. So I thought to do some research and come with at 2-3 location so that my kid can choose. Kids choose to go to Bay City, Texas from Midfield. Then I was looking for RV Parks in Bay City For My Rented RV, Then I can to know about 60 North RV Park. After reaching there I see their ground was green and was also providing free cable but we didn’t took that as our goal was to spend time with family. There were more feature like laundry, clean washrooms etc. we played sports and other physical games kids enjoyed very much there. I want to write more here is only limited space, If you are also planning for RV Tours Best rv park near bay city is 60 north rv park. I strongly recommend for your family time[http://RV Park near Markham](http://RV Park near Markham)

Old but safe and nice staff

This campground could def use some TLC, but the ladies at the front are super sweet. We stayed 4 nights in a back in with full hook ups. There had been tons of rain. The camper was on a paved pad, but the surrounding areas were very muddy. It close to the interstate and very quiet.

Great overnight

Stayed overnight in a pull thru site. Close to the interstate, friendly staff and lovely sites with big trees.

Clean camp area

Free camping geared towards river use (raft/kayak/canoe). Great rest stop while on the Colorado River. The next access site is 18 miles downstream. Overnight camping is available on a first-come, first served basis with 4 sites available. Each site has a picnic table and grill. Very soft sand and great shell spot.

Local kids have made this into a party spot so the authorities can get suspicious of people just camping without river use.

Clean, well run but too crowded.

I enjoyed my stay, but although you are right on the Colorado river(20 ft from water) on one side and the gulf of Mexico on the other, you are also shoehorned into a small rv spot. Very nice people and although it's not my style, it is worth a stay.

Nice campsite

Stayed here with the family a couple times and it was nice. Not always the cleanest but still a nice site to stay at near the water

Jetty park

This is an awesome beach to visit becoming more popular over the years but still great. Miles and miles of beaches to drive on and enjoy, plus tons of small ponds on the other side of the dunes. The small ponds contain numerous small fish and hermit crabs. But if the surf is what you want this beach is one of the best surfing beaches in Texas and also has great surf fishing or just fish the mouth of the Colorado river. This beach is one of the best.

Brackenridge Recreation Complex

Diverse environments to explore by kayak or hiking trail, plus horse trails, fishing, nature center, historic buildings, and a full event center.

Yay: Camping includes typical tent/RV sites or cabins. Our campsite was right along the water, which was pretty (it’s a reservoir along a river).

Nay: it’s pretty busy, but not overly loud or dirty.

Surprise: lots of wildlife here! There are events throughout the year…we visited during a charity race but that didn’t really impact our trip (aside from the campground being full). They frequently have rodeo/horse events too…very Texas! The historic church was more interesting than we expected.

Thanksgiving camping

We have stayed mutiple times love it everytime, see many deer, & other wildlife, plenty of things to do, town is not to far, always clean restrooms & grounds, fishing is good

Lake Texana

This is a pretty Texas-y park with a church and event center on site. Nice wetlands, fishing, forests, lake, all very pretty but there are bugs and gators (and deer). Lots of camp site choices and many are on the water, a little shade, nice trees. Some people go out on the water for fishing pretty early so we didn’t get to sleep in but it was still really nice.

nice

site: good space. shaded. mostly private. amenities: busy. clean. modern. attractions: hiking. biking. fishing. I would go camping here again.