Camping in Forest Hill

62 Reviews of 11 Forest Hill, Texas Campgrounds

Lea B.
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Summer Struggles

Overnight stay. Heavily wooded area. Lots of wildlife (deer hanging out in neighboring campsite). Grass was overgrown on site. Firewood we bought wouldn’t burn. Very buggy (swarming at your face). Had to drive to the shower house. There seemed to be a lot to see at this park and I’m sure it is…

LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2021

Great State Park

Lots to do, hiking, biking, wildlife viewing. Great campground.

Tucker B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 16, 2021

Stormy Night in a Historical Park!

Arrived here just before a big thunderstorm rolled in.

But it was super cool to watch as the lights of Houston illuminated the sky across the bay.

Can camp for up to 3 nights maximum with $10 permit from the courthouse down the street.

No utilities, but large open camping area near fishing…

Tucker B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 16, 2021

Stormy Night in a Historical Park!

Arrived here just before a big thunderstorm rolled in.

No utilities, but large open camping area near fishing…

The Best Family RV Resort

This place is so much fun! They have everything you could want to do right there on the camp grounds. My family and I enjoyed our stay here and made lots of new memories in our new travel trailer.

The Best Family RV Resort

Family Oriented

My family really enjoyed our stay here. The sites are clean and easy to pull through. The kids loved the park and splash pad.

Month of VisitApril

Family Oriented

Month of VisitApril
Susan S.
Reviewed May. 9, 2021

Clean & friendly!

Very clean rv park. Very friendly staff. Walk to public beach is .4 miles.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 5, 2021

Nice county campground!

Pros...FHU sites with concrete pads, prices are reasonable for the area, gated, fishing right at the park, fabulous & knowledge hosts, beautiful views, & good Verizon signal.

Cons...sites are VERY close, a large rv might have a challenge navigating interior roads & parking when the…

• Sites
  • View to waterway
Lawrence Robert T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 1, 2021

We park, lots of people here to work

Nice level concrete pads. Very tightly packed together. Had a pool and clubhouse. Very nice clean bath/shower rooms and laundry facilities. Only real problem was the people park on the main thruway making getting in and out with the trailer difficult. We had to wake a guy up to move his truck to…

gThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2021

Clean

When we stay at KOA we know we will have a relaxing campground experience. The environment is clean and quiet .

SiteArlington
Angela R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2021

Camp Mohawk

I love this park it's a great place to take your family my granddaughter loves to walk the trails, very clean

Doug W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2021

Nice park close to Houston

I like state parks and this is a good example why. The sites are well spaced, well maintained and relatively inexpensive. About $20. You can reserve online and the web site has photos of the site so you know it works for you.

Site have electric and water and the dump station is at the entrance of…

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 4, 2021

No tents allowed

They do not allow tent camping Place looks nice though.