Camping in Old Winesap

394 Reviews of 32 Old Winesap, Tennessee Campgrounds

Russ  G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

Nice KOA

We are KOA fans, the sites and staff are typically always nice. Small back in, but reasonably priced for what I got. Great location, very quiet!

Tyler H.The Dyrt PRO User

Awesome experience

The staff was friendly and the park was beautiful. There is a snack shop which is delicious and a general store which was very helpful when I forgot something and thought I would have to go to Walmart. Campsite C is alittle cramped so beware if you have a big tent. Beautiful trails, and don’t miss…

SiteC165
Keith N.

Great place

We had a very large area. The spots were large, and easy to maneuver. The hiking trails are great. They had areas to sit, and enjoy the view. My only complaint was, it’s closeness to I-40. You can hear the traffic. Now it is not overbearing by any means. It is just in the background slightly.…

SiteE-2
TeenaMari M.
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2021

enjoyed but campground use some updates

I enjoyed this little campground, but it could definitely use some updates.  The bathrooms were clean and the showers were nice but a few hooks would be helpful.  Also, I originally reserved site C157 but found it difficult to see how or where I could camp in the spot.  I tent camp and the site is…

SiteArea C Site C159
KThe Dyrt PRO User

Newer KOA?

I'm only guessing that this is a newer campground because most of the sites are on concrete slabs with recently planted saplings. It is in a secluded area and there is a fishing pond.

Site15 (next to a farm with 2 horses)
K
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2021

Good when not overcrowded

We went this past summer and had a nice visit. There wasn't too many people but a few weeks later we drove thru and people were packed in like sardines. Just not our style of camping. Seems the locals really come out in droves and packs the place. Have been told that vehicles have been stolen so…

TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

Quiet and friendly campground

It’s a nice campground mainly for campers and RVs in between trees. Our host greeted us very warmly and explained everything to us in detail. There is a pool to use as well and a nice big playground for the kids too. Very nice place to relax! Enjoyed our stay here a lot.

Jacob T.
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Closed by TVA

Arrived to find it closed. No one to talk to or call. Just closed. Same with Rhea Springs.

Katherine E.
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Perfect for families, try to time it for fall

My family LOVES camping here. It's clean, very safe, and full of activities that my children love. When fall comes around, you won't see more beautiful trees-- the air is so fresh and it's perfect for recharging. Try to book ahead of time because it's always full (it's that good!)

Decent State Park Canpground

Camp store is right across from tent area entrance. Easy access to most parts of the park. Best trails are on the other side of the river. It rages after a good rain.

Month of VisitApril

A wonderful spot

Perched on the rim and a nexus of trails that will take you to everything you want to see in this part of the park. Short hike in (3 miles from Stone Door lot). Views of canyon in winter.

Month of VisitMarch
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2021

Excellent for a short in/out

Great site right above the falls. A short walk down to a perfect little perch over the top of the falls and the stairs to the bottom. Fee to reserve is nominal and there is a 10% discount for TN residents.

Month of VisitJanuary
SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2021

Absolutely fantastic

A beautiful and unique campground built I. The side of a rolling hill. All of the sites are cantilevered platforms on the hill. The platforms are heavily engineered so no worries about collapse! The platforms make for very level camping and amazing views. You feel like you are in a tree house. …

• breakfast with a view
  • treetop living
  • what a site
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Hiking with amazing views

We loved our stay at Belle Ridge! We had a concrete site in E-loop that allowed us to level with no trouble! The dogs enjoyed the huge field next to the sites and we enjoyed hiking the trails (and taking in the spectacular views of the Plateau)!

We will be back!

• Our site
  • The amazing views!
  • Swimming
SiteE
Marissa G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2021

Beautiful and lots of history

I grew up around here. The locals don’t appreciate its beauty like they should. Lots of natural waterfalls and old buildings.