Fall Branch , TENNESSEE

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Fall Branch Camping Reviews
Fabulous

This amazing campsite it at the base of Big Tom. It’s a moderate hike to and from the campsite with great views. There’s fire rings and lots of sites to choose from. I recommend packing in enough water for your stay because there is not a water source at the site. Also no cell service.

Cleanest Bathrooms Ever

We camped in mind-September and had a great time. These are the cleanest bathrooms we’ve ever seen. The on-site store is a life saver and the hosts are very helpful. We will return.

Nice Big Site

Weather was far from good so I quickly decided this site would work. It was pretty level, had a nice fire pit. It was very foggy all day with off and on rain. My mistake was not paying attention to where the runoff was. This morning I had a small stream running through my camp. This site had plenty of room however.

Didn't have the issues others had here. Our site was secluded, very clean and quiet. In fact, all facilities were clean and well maintaned. Lots of trails to hike, nice camp store, friendly employees. And, everyone was social distancing. This will definitely be on our "do it again" list!

Walk the Appalachian Trail!

Beautiful camping on top of the mountain balds! Watch the sunrise and sunset, but pack appropriately for the wind. The Appalachian Trail passes through this campsite!

open and close

The campsites were open and very close together. The area is very beautiful, but the parking pads were very small. The bathrooms were clean. I'm not sure if I would return.

Great Campground ! We had 2 sites 64,65

Great sites in loop 5. Up the hill. we had 3 tents and a camper. Shaded, good fire pits, picnic table. Fire pits you had to walk up to but were away from tents, which I liked. Bathhouse was clean, well lit, pretty warm showers. Campground was very clean and has a lot of amenities. We were there for base camp hiking the Appalachian Trail. Sites 56,57,58 were large flat sites with lots of room if you have a large camper. Was very full the week we were there. Recommend!

Phenomenal view to the East of Mount Mitchell

It’s a 6 mile hike up Maple Camp Ridge on trail 191 (Buncombe Horse Range) starting from a small parking lot close to Carolina Hemlocks Campground. (Can also be accessed from the Mount Mitchel side). 0.4 miles from the bald is a nice water source. There are 3-4 areas to set up camp, two of them could accommodate multiple tents. An amazing spot to admire sunrises if the weather cooperates.

Great family campground!

Awesome views, many trails. Access to Linville Falls, Linville Gorge, Linville Caverns, and much more.

Right off the Blue Ridge Parkway

Tuesday, September 15, 2020.  I had originally planned on staying at Julian Price Campground but came upon this one first.  After looking around I decided to stay here for the night.  Plenty of spacious sites and I loved the fact that there were plenty of "first come, first served" sites.  There were a lot of campers here but there was plenty of room and I didn't feel crowded.  There were flush toilets but no showers.