Bethel Springs, TENNESSEE

Camping Tennessee Bethel Springs
Most Recent Bethel Springs Camping Reviews
Nice place

Nice campground with clean bathhouse. We arrived very late at night and the staff were very nice and helpful. The only bad thing about this place is all of the Geese at the swimming area.

Well rounded campground

Ill start with amenities. The bathrooms are nice and clean. Little dated externally but regularly cleaned. A lot to do in the park! Hiking, fishing, kayak/canoeing, swimming, and disc golf. The park rents kayaks and canoes. Reservations recommended. The campsites are decent. They have primitive or water/electric. We always opt for the RV sites. Bring ant spray! Major ant problems every time we have camped here! One of my favorite “local to me” campgrounds! Would get 5 stars if the would mow more frequently. Grass areas always seem to need to be mowed when we go! Pool is well kept and clean. Fun disc golf course. Beautiful, rustic cabins are an option here as well. Hiking is a must here. Numerous trails from novice to difficult.

Perfect campground for kayaking the Buffalo

First come first serve sites. Shaded campsites. Electrical available side has spots pretty close together so we always choose to primitive camp here. Water is available as well as clean bathhouses. Love the rental service. Very pretty spot for swimming. If you camp on the campsite on the same side of the road as the outfitter’s ofc, it can turn into a “party” crowd. The family friendly, quiet side is across the river.

Nice park, mehhh campground

I really like the tent area campground. Very accessible to the water & bridge. The horse trailer campground is nice and also close to the water. However, the RV campground is not close to the water and that was super disappointing. Lots of upgraded sites though and they are working on upgrading the bathrooms in the RV campground. The pads seemed level enough, but the sites were small and hilly. Ground also very soft and muddy, I guess from the recent construction. Very limited cell service in the park.

This campground is easily accessible. The bathhouse was a little ruff but with shower shoes, you will survive. Campsites are easy to get in and out of and the folks I meet including the park attendant were really good people.

Great campout

Nice quiet campground. Very clean facilities. Well maintained state park and a very friendly and welcoming staff. Lots for everyone, young and old.

Repeat Camper!

Cub Lake Campground #1

I love this campground so much! It is very small and private. Only small campers and tent campers are allowed in this campground. I like the sites at the end of the loop because they are closer to the water, however, they are not as private. The sites offer 30amp elec and water hookup. The campground host is really nice and has wood on site for sale. The park store is close by for souvenirs and any other items you might need to purchase. The bathhouse is old, but super clean! We love the bridges that you can walk across to get to the cabins or to the swim beach area and kayak/paddle boat rentals.

Pretty, free campground on the water

I have camped here twice so far and it is a nice, basic campground. We tent camped but there were a couple of RV's there, so I know there are places for them. It is on a nice stretch of the Tennessee River, and you can swim, fish, and boat there. Plenty of camp sites and very spacious. Popular with the locals and fairly secluded. Pretty woodland all around. There is a bathhouse with toilets, sinks, and cold showers. The bathhouse is pretty centrally located and there are electric lights around it. Usually not crowded. Plenty of dead wood to collect for firewood. There is a covered area with picnic tables near the bathhouse. Also a few picnic tables around the grounds. There are also plenty of trash cans and fire pits. You can park right next to your site. Very good for family camping. Within a few miles there are a couple of gas stations/convenience stores. Some cell service works out there, some not so much.

Family vacation

We have traveled here 2 times to vacation. We stayed a week in one of the cabins at the park. The park is beautiful from the swing bridge, rock formations and lake. There are also plenty of outdoor activities to do… Hiking, Frisbee golf, fishing and sight-seeing. We truly enjoyed our stay.

Ranger Review: Grub Stick Deluxe Kit at Chickasaw Rustic State Park

Campground Review:

On Friday, August 23, 2019 my son Charlie and I camped at Chickasaw State Park to celebrate his ninth birthday. We couldn’t have found a better park than this one. It reminds me of the classic summer camps I saw on television as a kid: beautiful lake, horses, stables, paddle boats and canoes, and even a well maintained swimming hole. They even have three birds of prey on display for visitors to enjoy. From our arrival to the moment we left, the rangers and staff made us feel welcomed and safe. Ranger Brittany helped me find the perfect site and even checked in later to make sure that we were completely satisfied with the spot. Who wouldn’t be? The campsite was located right on Lake Placid in the middle of almost 15,000 acres of state forest. Each campsite in the tent campground had a new picnic table, a fire ring, access to potable water, and a grill. Our campsite, number 109, was located right next to a large handicapped parking spot that is big enough for a very large handicapped van. The parking spot was constructed on level ground with concrete. Campsite 109 was far away from the bathroom, but the trail to it was beautiful and made even the most hasty trip pleasant walking. Campsite 109 also had easy access to the pier which spans the width of the lake. My son and I enjoyed walking out into the middle of the lake and seeing the expanse of the Milky Way(what a treat!). There’s great firewood for sale at the stables for$6.00 a box. This is the best campfire wood I’ve ever purchased. It burned slow and steady leaving us enough to pass on to one of our neighbors the next morning. I would suggest spending at least two nights here. We only spent one, and my son and I didn’t want to leave. There’s so much we didn’t get to see and do at this park. This place is a real gem. I’ll guarantee that you will feel like you’re back at summer camp. By the way, don’t forget to bring a good lantern or flashlight with you: you will need it since many of the trails to the bathroom and out to the pier are very dark at night. This just helps you to see the stars better.

………………….

Product Review:

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I have the opportunity to test some of the latest and coolest camping products on the market. On my camping trip to Chickasaw, my son and I tried out the Grub Stick Deluxe Kit. What a fun way to cook over a campfire! In my kit I received two telescopic poles which have well made attachments such as the Grub Cage, Grub Fork, Burg Cage, and Grub Tube that attach to the end of the telescopic poles.

We used the Burg Cage for supper and it made awesome burgers. They had that perfect campfire flavor. My son enjoyed getting to cook his own food rather than waiting for dad to cook it on the grill. The handles are very comfortable to hold, and they were just the right size for my son’s smaller hands. The whole time he was using it, I kept hearing wows. It’s great when a company makes a camping product that engages children in cooking. The Grub Stick does just that.

The kit also came with special grips like the finger grabber and the hot pad to help open and close the cages and other attachments. You can really tell that the makers of the Grub Stick thought of everything when they were designing this.

One of the things that was really fun was the Grub Cage. It left me wondering,“where have you been all my life?” Instead of building the S’more AFTER roasting the marshmallow on a stick, you build it in the cage and toast the whole thing. I think this is the way the S’more was always meant to be. Everything, including the graham crackers, oozes with sugary, toasty goodness.

For breakfast, we used the Grub Tube and wrapped it with bacon and croissant rolls. It was as good as it sounds. As I was cooking, I kept thinking of other things that could be cooked over the fire using this kit. I’m excited to have it in my cooking kit now, and I see us using this quite often especially on those winter camping trips when we want to stay close to the fire.

Overall, this is a great product for engaging kids in camping. The Grub Stick will allow my kids to come up with their own recipes, put them together on their own, and then try them out on the fire. They love being a part of the cooking part of camping, and the Grub Stick is the perfect tool for this.

I did have an issue with one of the telescopic handles. After cooking three burgers, one of the telescopic handles broke. I contacted customer service, and they went above my expectations to not only replace it but to help me understand their product even more. Most people expect things to be returned with“no questions asked,” but this isn’t how Grub Stick operates. They asked for pictures and a description of the failure so they can make sure their product gets better and better. I wouldn’t hesitate at all to order more from this company. It’s great when people not only believe in their product but also stand by it and are always looking for ways to improve it. They sent a replacement immediately, and I can’t wait to get this back out in the field.

Friendly, comfy, easy

Such a great park. We showed up, swam in a beautiful and clean lake, and then cooked dinner and used the incredible bathroom facilities and did a campfire with incredible neighbors. Woke up and used the great shower facilities and hit the road. Will definitely be back again

Very Handicap Accessible

We stayed here with our son who is in a wheelchair. Pin Oak had 2 sites that were very accommodating and close to the bath house with a Great Lake view. Everything was clean and an awesome little weekend. Only complaint would be with their phone system. Tried to call several times about reserving an extra site with no luck. Eventually got through but it took 2 days.

Great Place To Call Home For The Night

My son Conner and I stayed at Pickwick Landing State Park on Monday night, July 15. We arrived after dark, but thanks to a park staff member I called earlier, we had an amazing campsite(#18) waiting for us when we arrived. Campsite#18 is located near the bathrooms and shower areas. The restroom and shower building had 8 individual shower rooms with fold down benches. Each of them were big enough to allow someone in a wheelchair to use them. Both the bathrooms and the shower rooms were clean and well stocked. The park staff cleaned them thoroughly the next morning as we prepared to leave. Each campsite has a picnic table, asphalt drive, a fire ring, grill, and lantern post. These sites also have power and water, but they do not have trash cans at the campsite. Trash must be taken from the campsite to the dump station by the campers. If you’re camping here make sure to bring your own trash bags. The sites seemed well spaced and all of them probably have full shade most of the day due to the mixture of pine and hardwood trees that fill the camp. A gas station/bait shop/oyster bar is about a mile away from the camp grounds. Grocery stores and other restaurants are within 5 miles. Though this was a quick camping trip for us(we went to see the Shiloh Battlefield and Shiloh Indian Mounds), the trip was made a little easier by having an efficient, comfortable, and peaceful campsite to call home for a few hours. Be on the lookout for our nighttime visitor Lester the curious racoon. He checked out our campsite after we went to bed looking for an easy meal. Luckily, we had put all of our food securely in the car before calling it a night. This is another 5 star Tennessee State Park campground. Sidenote: We enjoyed a good lunch at a place called the Rib Cage just a few miles from camp. Conner recommends the ribs but not the hot sauce.

Quick Stay

My friends and I had a great time at Buffalo Bud’s. We stayed one night, two days, and kayaked on our second day. The 10 mile section we floated was great for everyone who was with us! We stayed at the more primitive sites and had a quiet and excellent stay. Steve was great and super accommodating. He went over and beyond to give us what we needed!

Cub Creek Lake Campground #1

We stayed in Cub Creek Lake Campground #1, spot 12, on June 19, 2019. We sleep in two big tents and had originally reserved a spot in campground #2 which from descriptions was more aimed at tent campers. But after pulling into loop #2, we were able to switch our reservations to Loop #1 since #2 looked nearly abandoned with sloped sites and poor pad space. Our new campsite was great and had lots of room for our two big tents and and plenty of parking for our van. Nearby campers (mostly RVs) were spaced far enough away and the camp host was friendly and helpful.

Because of the season, it was hot and humid at night and we had a huge series of thunderstorms come through. The site drained well as well as the entire campground and next morning walking around the well-maintained trails and foot bridges over the lake was pleasant and dry. It looks like a big facility with a lodge and some cabins available on the other side of the lake. Would definitely recommend this site and this loop. Only reason I take a star off is because of the poor state of loop 2 and the lack of a dish washing station, but overall this is a great camp area!

Clean but poor Management

Upon arrival for a month long water and electric stay I signed a receipt for one site and was directed to set up in a different site (for which our parking tags were filled out for). When we arrived at the alternate site it was poorly marked and it didn’t have water hookup so I went back to the office to clarify if we were in the right place and the owner told me it was the site to the left of the marker with both hookups. Lo and behold her husband came around the next day and said we were in the wrong spot and we’d have to move. On day 3 she came by and said we were fine and would be ok to stay there for the month. 2 days later she came back and said we could only stay there two weeks and then would have to move to the site next to ours for the rest of the month. Another family occupied that site later in the week for a weeklong stay and left after two days because the stench of the sewage leaking from the seasonal camper in the lot adjacent to it was horrific. We ended up leaving after our two weeks because we were tired of the back and forth and the cost for 2 weeks vs a month was virtually the same. Upon talking to other families, we weren’t the only ones who were told they would have to move during their stay.

The campground itself was clean and upkept. The beach was nice. Very shallow swimming which was perfect for young kids. Laundry (one washer and dryer) on site and the bathhouse was kept clean and maintained.

Beautiful scenery

Clean campground with great scenery. Nice beach for swimming and some gorgeous water front camp sites.

Great stay!

I loved the pull through sites, widely spaced apart, and while we didn’t do any fishing it looks like a fantastic place. The lake was pretty muddy and warm, so not great for swimming, but the people were very friendly and the bathrooms were clean and large. The site is actually really far back into the park, and there is no cel service. We would absolutely stay here again.

Great Campground with full hookups

Pin Oak Lake Campground is very nice. Well maintained with full hookups and plenty of space separating the sites. The lake itself is very clear water. Easy to access the park from I-40 but it is a bit of a drive from the exit. All good roads and location makes the campground quiet. Plenty of activities in the park and close to some Civil war battlefields. Our 38’ RV was easy to park on the generous pad. Take plenty of food as a trip to the store is a bit of a drive.

Beautiful Setting

Beautiful southern Tennessee setting. Bathrooms didn’t appear to have been cleaned while we were there. Checking the facilities every few hours would be a priority on a holiday weekend but evidently it wasn’t.

Steep hills but super clean and lots to do

This is a great small campground off the beaten path. Pay attention to your GPS as there are very few signs. Well equipped park office, clean bathhouse and great staff. The sites aren’t water view but close enough to hear the boats. We’ll come back for sure.

Easy camping

Clean. Fire ring, grill, water (elect at some) at campsite. Community bath house and nearby lake beach.

Peaceful Camping!

We've visited Tishomingo State Park twice in the last few months.  The first was in February when we stayed at the cabins.  They have big porches, a kitchen, bathroom, and two beds which was perfect for two couples to visit.  They are quite old, but it adds to the charm of the cabins.  We had a fire in the fire pit at night, played disc golf, hiked, and walked down to the river to sit a bit.  Such a nice weekend!

Easter weekend we took our camper to Tishomingo State Park.  It was a lovely time despite the rain on Friday night!  We spent one afternoon playing disc golf and hiking.  The hiking trails are lovely!  Our dog enjoyed it too.  On Easter weekend, there is a huge Easter egg hunt for children which drew a lot of people.

Country campground

This campground was renovated over the last year and there appears to be a few things left to be done but overall a nice, pleasant escape from town. Be prepared to have a drive to town for provisions & restaurants. There bathhouses have a lot left to be desired but the sites are all paved with fire rings, grills & picnic tables. Most sites appear to be fairly level.

Primitive

This park is extremely clean and well maintained. The primitive sites are right on the beautiful tennessee river. The park rangers are extremely helpful as well. Highly recommended

Wasted drive

We stayed at the Wrangler campground and it was terrible. They guy next to us basically brought his entire living room including his big screen tv blaring a baseball game. Definitely not camping. The park was ok but not for us.

Such a beautiful park!

We stayed on site 61. The spaces are all on or near the water. There’s plenty of wood to gather for campfires. The park has beautiful hiking trails and the ride down the Natchez Trace Parkway to get there is a must take drive, free of red lights, billboards and traffic with many amazing points of interest along the way. Highly recommend!

Our favorite TN campground

GPin Oak Campground (there’s actually 4 campgrounds in the park). Large sites that aren’t crowded in together. Full hook ups, lake access. Cabins also available.

Lakeside camping

Beautiful second campground, part of Pickwick Landing State Park. Over half the campsites are on the water. Older campground, sites are a little uneven. Boat launch on site. 4 unisex bathrooms, could use some updating.  Primitive camping, no electric or water. A few sites are big enough for a small RV.

Newly renovated

Nice level campsites with white rock. Primitive camping, no water or electric. Not big enough for RVs. Nice bathrooms, excellent showers.

Very pretty with lots of hiking trails and a lake for fishing.