The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Red Bluff Estates , SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Red Bluff Estates Camping Reviews
Nice KOA

This is a pretty nice KOA but it is not one that really is a destination KOA. You moreso camp here because you want to visit the local area, not because you plan to spend a ton of time AT the campsite. It was a great location. There is a decent bit of noise from the traffic.

Peace and tranquillity in the city

Red gate is a hidden gem. This is a beautiful farm of 200 acres situated 5 minutes from downtown Savannah. Everything you could ask for: pool, ponds, horseback riding, goats, beautiful landscaping, room to roam or play. We had a fabulous time hanging out here and will definitely return. Call if there are no reservations online, they have some dry camping available- totally worth it!

Quiet and convenient

Very nice farm! Beautiful grounds with ponds and animals (horses and goats). Great location. We took a trolley tour of Savannah. They picked us up and dropped us off at the farm (about 10 minute ride to Savannah). Next visit we plan to do the horseback rides.

Good in a pinch

We're locals and visited the KOA to check availability before recommending it to incoming traveling friends.  Due to Covid and no apparent individual working the office, we didn't bother with check-in rather made a quick pass through the closest loop to complete our assessment.  We almost  completed the 200 ft journey to the exit when all of a sudden golf-carting security cut us off at the pass and coldly demanded we leave.  We bit back laughter and bid Officer Fife a good day subsequently deescalating a national emergency in the making.

Our friends wisely chose Charleston County Park over this location.

Not for travelers wishing to visit the city

This KOA is located 30-45 minutes from the city, if you have to be closer to the north area for family or just cause Charleston has limited availability for RV’s , this is the place. We were purchasing a home and stayed here 5 weeks Overall every other campers was considerate and quiet. We had no issues with anyone running a business or being rude. The staff is not overly friendly but not unpleasant . The amenities are limited, not a KOA for kids. The pool looks nice but was closed for the season. The playground area is very small with one gym set. A horseshoe pit looked overrun with weeds as was the basketball area. The roads are very tight for larger RV’s and trailers. The wooded sites are close to the interstate and you can here traffic constantly also the wooded area is a little marshy which doesn’t help with the mosquito control. the traffic to turn left out of the -ark can be a nightmare during rush area , I recommend right turns only . The biggest con for me was the laundry , it is open air and surrounded by trees and foliage which blows into this area. The tile is ripped and a hazard , no trash cans and no place to sit. Also it is shared with the trailer park adjacent to the KOA ( same owner) A note is posted that weekends are for KOA tenants only but many workers use the facilities. We have a dog that we kept on leash and never had an issue with management telling us he couldn’t be .

HORRIBLE DO NOT GO!!! WOW

Wow, where to begin….. So I attempted to schedule a horse back riding event for my fiancé' and I for her birthday(thought that it would be cool to take a ride on the beach) I filled out the info online and left the page to double check the distance. When I came back to the page it had already taken payment and the 17 miles away was really 95 miles driving distance. I IMMEDIATLY called OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER again and got NO response or answer! Also, woke up the next morning at 7am to start calling AGAIN. Guess what no answer. Ill put my bottom dollar that if you call this establishment right now that they will NOT answer…. IF YOU CALL and they do answer the phone Ill pay for your next ride(look me up) IF they dont….(DO NOT DO IT!) This was the response that I got….. After calling 20mins after accidently signing up and also the other 20 plus times…..(AGAIN NO CALL BACK they sent me an email AFTER the fact!! bunch of crooks!!)"I will not issue a refund as it clearly states this information on your sign up." OK…. WHY didnt you answer the phone at all or call me back???!?!? I have a nephew who is 8 years old that gets back to people faster… He needs to get a job there and I bet that I could triple your intake overnight just by answering the phone and calling people back… Communication is everything!! they have NONE!! wow. DO NOT GO HERE!! Instead you should totally check out Seabrook Island Equestrian Center. They call you back and also want to earn your business not just take your money.

Beautiful property. I would recommend. I would come back.

The best time 😊

We visited in May 2020. We enjoyed it so much, we returned 3 weeks later. It is like visiting a well kept farm. Loved the horses, goats, lakes and pool. Leslie was very helpful. She remembered to offer me my favorite site when it opened up! Thank you 💜

Decent, in a pinch

Camp in a very busy location outside of Charleston. Not very big, but cool if passing through.

Awesome Spot

This private campground has four hookup spots for RVs, as well as tent camping spots. You can reserve an RV space and for $35/night, you get a shaded, grassy spot to park with water and power (the dump station is just down the driveway).

The highlight for us was the ability to ride horses. They provided us with two names of instructors, one of whom graciously squeezed us into her schedule and gave our girls a two-hour riding lesson in their covered arena. They also have trail rides to the beach available.

We don’t have our own horses, but if we did, it seems like this place is set up to accommodate that easily.

There are roadside fruit and veggie stands you pass on the way in that are worth a stop.